2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I don’t think he was born in the US, but he was a citizen I think. So I guess it depends whether you’re going with citizenship at the time or place of birth. Wikipedia listed him under the Laos flag. Were they putting the little flag on the graphics back then? If so I’d probably go with whatever flag he chose to play under.

On wsop.com I saw an american flag for duek, maybe it was an error:

he wasn’t born in the US but pokernews had it too so maybe?

edit–so does HendonMob he lives in the US at any rate

Wsop also shows Austria for Aldemir.
So they seem to go by residence.

You generally pick a nationality for tax purposes.

A lot of Australians born and bred have been French/British/Canadian for tax purposes.

Yeah, but he is still german, as far as i know.

Played with a couple of guys who went to the WSOP recently. Their biggest takeaways from the event were insanely long registration lines and disgusting bathrooms.

https://twitter.com/brianchastings/status/1548399206175346690?s=20&t=N7qzyTgOr2L1OC8IpCGJeQ

headsup between the two best players at the table so can’t be mad about that but ugh, who knows when that’s gonna end

edit–or maybe the first hand if he hero calls and it’d be wrong they started this with 80ish+ BB each is why I thought it might go awhile

twenty minute tank, I get it but we’re gonna need a shot clock for heads up huh

The only interesting part of that hand was watching the YouTube chat go crazy.

PokerGo “1 hour free preview” =

• 5/6 minutes of intro
  • couple hands before one player busts
  • 10 minutes to set up the money and bracelet on the table
  • one heads up hand that probably takes 25 minutes total including an 18 minute river tank.

I’m sure that really gained them tons of subscribers…

3 Likes

Not watching but holy shit a 20 minute river tank? What in the fuck?

yea fuck attenborough for that. seriously. just complete nonsense of a tank.

18 minutes is a huge tank but Adrian has played as fast as anyone through the other decisions. I’d much rather play against someone like that (quick every other decision, occasionally a long tank) than someone like a Vogelsang who takes 30 seconds every decision.

Personally I’d like to see poker run with a 10 or 20 second shot clock and many 30 second time banks per day that roll-over. If someone saves up however many time banks and uses them all at once that should be as fine as someone using them all earlier in the tournament.

It is a super fascinating hand time notwithstanding.

dunno for 4 million dollars I’d think about spending that long in a shark tank

I mean around sharks not having to be around mark cuban

I could see maybe 8 minutes heads up in a tough spot, more combos, tons of pressure, etc. 18 seems ridiculous. They don’t even need a true shot clock, just put like a 10 minute limit on for each street/action, enforced by the floor.

It’s also worth noting that keeping the BB ante in even when short handed/heads up is going to contribute to longer tanks because it changes all the ranges.

Agreed, and this is how I play. Except not 18 minutes lol… I’ve been interested when I’ve played on camera to see how long my decisions take when I felt in the moment like I took forever and they’re almost always 90-120 seconds.

The live audience should start chanting for a clock.

IMO it should go to a 1 SB ante (posted by the BB) at 6 handed, and a 0.25BB ante at 3-handed.

man, changing the game of the tournament at the end quite like that seems to be a can of worms I don’t think should be opened, though they could go back to a regular ante instead headsup? (ie they both put 2 in or w/e instead of BB 4)

I’m opposed to this, but I admit much of it has to do with Allen Kessler always wanting to reduce the BBA short-handed.