2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I think with live reads this might be a fold. That river saved him.

That river jam was awfully quick and confident.

He could show me a K and I’m not sure I find a fold

Actually that’s not true. Still a crazy fold

https://twitter.com/FossilMan/status/1547634702156046338?s=20&t=pekO7W-HTRVh7nb-cN_tCA

https://twitter.com/da_kyky/status/1547580382232530946?s=20&t=pekO7W-HTRVh7nb-cN_tCA

https://twitter.com/derek_wolters/status/1547636203347841026?s=20&t=pekO7W-HTRVh7nb-cN_tCA

Buddy made the official final table of the 777 event. They are playing in the Thunderdome, but no streaming because the ME has the day off.

2 Likes

Fortunately I’m in a group chat with some folks on the rail, so I’m getting better updates than poker news

1 Like

Double or nothing SNGs? Yah, you can fold KK a ton in those. I used to play 40-60 of them at once in the Stars SNE glory days b/c the strategy was so laughably easy (mostly fold)

2 Likes

Same as late game satellites. Can’t believe the number of people that call off with medium stacks with stuff as bad as middle pocket pairs. That’s why they are both so good but also so terrible.

That MM raise might have worked against DN. This seems like such a terrible fold. If you’re going to fold to a jam for 20k more, why raise? DN seems to be making lots of raises and bets for information in his vlogs (a few hands where he talks about betting on the turn so he won’t be in a tough spot on the river if the opponent shoves.)

yea sometimes there’s no point when everyone else has 3 bb’s and you’re sitting on 11 on the bubble and can afk to a win and if you lose a 80/20 youre suddenly in danger.

I like the part where you have so many chips that you can just shove every hand and losing to the second stack would still leave you with enough chips to easily fold to the money.

A while back I got in that situation in a ME satty, maybe an hour from the bubble, shoving dark unless the bb was short enough to call wider. The guy to my left was the only decently sized stack at the table, with a little more than an avg stack at the bubble. He calls me with KK.

I look at my cards and it’s AA. :leolol:

11 Likes

In that case why ever look at your cards? If youre content to fold to the money you should be tankimg as long as possible and folding without ever looking at the cards

Luck turned bad for my friend and he’s out in 6th place. Still, an amazing run through ~6900 entries to get that far.

3 Likes

This sounds like literal hell on earth.

1 Like

That seems like a more reasonable fold than AQ.

disagree with this, a Q is just going to flat call in that spot. Unless he just went crazy with a missed draw here, AQ is dead. I would’ve folded pretty quickly without a second thought.

call me whatever you want but I don’t see a regular Q shoving there.

US reg I’ve never heard of (Ryan DePaulo) wearing the shirt of the most random perennial shit Australian football team for some reason? Prop bet?

he’s a poker player, sometimes you gotta just wear what’s clean in the pile

1 Like

DePaulo is a poker vlogger known for winning a WSOP bracelet in a Whole Foods parking lot.