2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I missed the stream but my friend told me he complainee out loud about the speed of play on the feature table

He must be Livshitz then.

Yah, at that point they had played like 6 hands over the past 33 minutes, and they were mostly standard hands. Especially the crazy guy everyone loves, he was often tanking just for river betting decisions.

1 Like

When you say ‘local’ do you mean 2p2 Clayton, guy with the Jesus avatar? At least I think that’s who I’m talking about.

Am I missing something here? Dude folded getting like 8:1 after making that raise when the other guy only had 1.7m more to shove?

2 Likes

:vince3:

2 Likes

Earlier in the day he had the clock called on him at least once on the river. Pot was heads up, action was checked to him and he tanked hard. I forget the exact cards but given his hand he was ~ always going to bet, so at most his decision was on sizing. While he was tanking he was talking to the other player, “I’d know what to do if I had a better read on your hand, but I really don’t know what you have.” “You play so well that I can’t read you, etc.” Finally one of the players not in the hand calls the clock, he keeps tanking a little before betting something like 70% of a pretty decent sized pot. Opponent immediately turns to the guy who had called the clock and says he’ll probably need a minute. Clock caller basically tells him no problem b/c he understands that he has a legit decision now that an actual bet is out there.

He was value betting and the opponent eventually folded so I’d like to think that not getting paid off was his punishment for the slow play.

Maybe DN is on another level than me, but in his most recent vlog he talks about how when good pros get it in pre they are almost always ahead of flipping, but when recs get it in they are sometimes crushed (e.g. 7s vs Ks or AJ vs AK). He points out that he knows he’s been playing good but unlucky this tournament since he almost never got it all in dominated. He also highlighted that against Polk he almost never got it all in with less than 40% equity.

Sounds like a huge leak to me that he’s never bluff shoving light especially heads-up against an aggressive guy like Polk. Probably also explains why he’s not often running up big stacks (only time he went deep was when he won a bunch of flips).

Not really analogous situations comparing mtts to Hu cash.

I guess - but DN was making the point both as it related to his MTT play this WSOP and then about his HU match vs Polk.

edit: to expand I think this is a leak both in HU and MTT and shows a problem with his current mindset - he wants to show everyone how good he’s playing, but running bad, so by playing tight and getting it in only when he’s got a big hand and should be ahead, he can show everyone how he’s only busting on flips and bad beats.

For instance, he gave his bust-out on the final table of a 6-max WSOP online event as an example of a mistake where a player got it in bad. Robl raised (just slightly more than min raise I think) in EP and DN shoved with JJ to 18BBs. Robl called with A8s and DN said this was a punt and bad call, since what else could he have. Not defending Robl’s call necessary, but feel that shows DN is shoving way too tight. DN should have some bluff shoves in his range here (particularly worse Ax hands and some suited broadway). It really seems he’s just playing tight and getting chipped away waiting for big hands to shove (he does show examples of calling with non-premium hands, but don’t recall him showing any time he 3-bets with less than AJ or a decent pair).

2 Likes

No, as in they also live in Winnipeg. Not a big sports guy

1 Like

Yeah gabi is a good friend. He said he should have called clock earlier and they did play slightly faster after.

1 Like

I found it entertaining last night, I think after dinner break, he made a silly huge bluff with Q4 or something on the river on xxAAQ in what iirc was almost a 4 million pot, and the other guy tried to get him talking and he couldn’t, but zhang attempted to do so poorly, after 20 or so seconds of this the guy was like “fuck it LOL call” and put him out of his misery with the A2.

he did tank at times in situations that made almost no sense at all. I have given them benefit of the doubt because there’s probably way more to consider knowing your hole cards are gonna be known to everyone else within 30 mins, but i did tune out around the time they played 6 hands in a half hour. just brutal.

Unsurprisingly Zhang out. Won’t be as fun now.

did he just dust off 6M chips in like 15 minutes? that was fast

Good poker usually isn’t much fun.

:vince3:

1 Like

It is amazing how easy it is to dust off a bunch of chips when you don’t cover the table anymore and the deck quits hitting you in the face. I think it could’ve been a pretty good story if he kept sunrunning.

Yeah fold equity goes waaaaaaaaaaaaay up with the big stack deep in the Main, and you don’t lose as much as you should once they know you’re playing crazy cause they know you could still have it this time. But once you don’t cover them, that goes out the window.

Zhang should have showed up today, shown a light open or 3bet or two, and then shut it down and gone into TAG mode. He’d get paid off for sure.

Both my friends who were still in busted early today. Only Israeli left is Alex’s friend who got dealt a joker in the golden nugget, but he’s from a younger generation i don’t even know anymore

maybe if everyone saw gold play for 2 days during the main event live he doesn’t even final table, who knows

3 Likes