2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Also, from experience, they can write whatever on the white board there, but the players will always change the game mix as the night goes on.

I always told the new nervous dealers that the best way to deal those tables was to just let the players tell them what to do and not get offended if they get corrected.

Interesting final 4 in the 25k hu. Dan Smith vs Dario Sammartino and the german voggelsang vs a run it once instructor who is suppose to be very good (dunno anything about him tho).

How does this work 8 handed? You would run out of cards

Yeah you don’t play more than 7 handed, maybe even 6 handed? Not sure if everyone plays it this way, but max draw of 2 cards is the way I’ve played it. Discards get reshuffled if you run out of cards like in any draw game.

Day 1

Man the trip always seems like it will be no big deal until you do it. Flight delay so had to switch airlines entirely which was time consuming and stressful, but made it about 8pm. Grabbed some food and played about 4 hours of Wynn 2/5. As a side note I don’t love the Wynn room remodel, they took away the mini couch and replaced with ugly chairs.

Got a decent table. Nothing too notable though I had one non standard hand. Young aggressive pro opens to 20 from EP, I call 66 in MP, one of the blinds calls. Flop 9 8 6 rainbow, he bets 35. My strategy here is to try to make my hand look like a draw because he’s not going to pay off a raise bet bet with an overpair. The turn is a 3 and he bets again for 60. Again I call. River is a king and he checks. I bet 160, get called and am good. This may be terrible but it felt right to me in the moment. Did get a few bluffs through and won about $1k.

Plan for today is to eat well and maybe go to Aria or bellagio during the day to mix things up. More to come.

5 Likes

gogogogogogo

I would have raised… but you got 3 streets so I guess it was a good read

1 Like

Fwiw he should probably be checking that board a ton since it crushes your calling range and it sucks pretty hard for his EP raising range. When he does bet it should probably be pretty polarized, which he used a big sizing so he probably knows this. A long way of saying you can raise here and get paid more often than you think on a raise/bet/bet line since he’s the underdog on this flop and will be more inclined to defend his overpairs probably.

5 Likes

Oh yeah I also did something I never ever do. Some
asshole went off about Joe Biden taking away guns or some shit and I couldn’t stay silent. Just told him to keep that to himself and he did. Then that guy lost all his money and I smiled inside (these guys are ALWAYS massive fish, of course).

7 Likes

Also, you of all people surely know we need to know what kind of shoes you’re wearing

2 Likes

5-10 Bellagio

5 handed game, 3 pros one fish. Fish straddles, good pro isolates to 50 on button. I 3b K10cc to 180. Flop A 8 3 rainbow, I bet 120. How did I do?

1 Like

Seems fine but there’s gotta be a better game than that.

It was indeed terrible but it filled up and is fine now.

It’s solver approved (assuming HU, 3w idk but probably also fine). This is a range bet for 1/3.

succession greg high

Cool, he insta folded. You guys are making me better!

You’re currently in Bellagio 5/10?

Just left. Look who I found though!

6 Likes

Every time I have played with MM he is wearing that same shirt.

It’s a lot of times (at least 5). I only play LHE and that seems to be his game of choice. I assume that’s what he is playing there.

Oh man! Go play with Mason! What game is he in?

Some lol limit game with 7 other boomers who all showed up at the same time to play together