2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Agree that the Hellmuth KK hand was standard up until the river call.

His problem (and it’s a problem through a lot of poker levels) is that he feels he is underrepped since he flatted pre. That’s true preflop and flop, but by now KK is actually a bluff catcher and a worse one than Qx since it blocks less hands that raise. In fact it doesn’t block any.

His play is clearly to b/f vs most opponents or c/c. He could plausibly go smaller to induce, but if you do you can’t then feel like the world is ending when the raise you wanted comes in.

1 Like

Makes no difference but I think it’s way more likely he limped pre.

that is the problem - he constantly underreps hands, his opponent can’t have any real idea he’s sitting on something as strong as an overpair, so of course his $12k into whatever out of absolutely nowhere on the river looks bluffy, so he can talk himself into putting way more bluffs in his opponents raising range than there probably should be against his actual hand - it’s a mess. i don’t know why he still insists on playing this way, I guess it works for him, I’ve seen this sort of hand and ensuing tantrum way too many times though.

He plays poorly because he is not good at poker.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ShaneSchleger/status/1546003854549925894?s=20&t=p1uOAxIaZ04qU2taVELf5Q

https://twitter.com/Dubness23/status/1546019488088219648?s=20&t=a5lXZ8UNis4uSAiHcQfKxw

12 Likes

Private game in Mexico City last night.
Was down $26k at 11pm up $14k when the game broke at about 5am
Never played short deck stud with a joker before and i’m in no fuckin rush to play it again.

You still in Vegas Common Wealth?

Lol wtf. You playing ace is bottom of 9-high wheel and flush beats boat too?

One of my horses playing in the plo bounty with a couple nobodies.

1 Like

Phil is going to wake up every day until he dies and put on the same bozo shirt and the same bozo hat.

2 Likes

mexican poker! they spread it in LA but I’m too intimidated to play. it looks so fucking fun

1 Like

My buddy made the money, with a workable stack!

600k at 4k/8k to start day 4.

Now that the bubble has burst, it’s moving day. Knockouts will be coming fast and furious, and he’s got his eyes on consolidating for a deep run.

9 Likes

Yeah, for a few more days.

1 Like

bitcoin latinum seems like they were trying to spell platinum but ran out of space on the hat and gave up

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/dankness3/status/1545818624094617607?s=20&t=q-9nfYyHRRbKyoOF9-EPHw

2 Likes

I AM ROBERT PAULSON

1 Like

latinum was the currency that the jews^H^H^H^Hferengi in DS9 used :thinking:

1 Like

I had two people I considered buying action from. Bought 2% of one and nothing of the other because he was skipping Day 1 and I thought that was dumb. Bet you can guess which one is still in.

My guy says there were 250 bustouts in the first hour of day 4

About 1k left now, he’s sitting on 650k at 4k/8k

3 Likes

I always thought that poker go needed a chat box but my god it might be the worst chat on the internet. Just pure AIDS. They need moderators so bad.

1 Like