2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

you were probably happy that is the absolute worst turn card and you didn’t have to think about anything else

against a really good pro who c/r’s a lot of flops like this you can check and try not to play some huge pot, everyone else you gotta fire though

This is the wsop of terrible people winning. Worst antivaxxer in the game wins first bracket. Karma isn’t a thing.

Yikes

https://twitter.com/audavidb/status/1541164041871101952?s=21&t=gW9qPUPngaMTCF0KfrUehg

Well, today I was at a graduation party and heard several times how disgusting woke Disney was for what it is teaching kids.

But yah, woke means not loving cops, guns, and fetuses, and/or tolerating anyone other than straight white dudes.

1 Like

Woke means criticizing white men for being toxic.

Like pointing out to Doug Polk it’s bad to say fat women can’t be attractive. Or the masseuse that got fired for giving a nipple massage.

Does using a credit card to register for a tournament count as a cash advance?

Almost always. Usually the fee is even larger than when depositing online.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m headed to Austin prior for a bachelor party and didn’t want to carry the cash. Was going to pre register with a credit card. I’ll just grab cash there I guess.

Seems like the rare spot where having a mega bank is useful.

I’m legit asking here because the extent of my knowledge of the situation is that DN got sucked out on and threw a phone.

How is that a microaggression? I can see not an aggression at all. Or a just a garden variety aggression. But I can’t get to microaggression. Perhaps it means something other than what I think it means.

1 Like

Negreanu made a good point. What’s the difference between what he did and a football or baseball player slamming a helmet on the ground, a golfer throwing a club, a hockey player breaking a stick, a tennis player slamming a racket on the ground, etc. These are all things that we more or less frown upon - like we teach kids not to do it, but we mostly accept it as part of the game, sometimes laugh at it, etc. Nobody is saying that like if Tom Brady slams his helmet it’s a micro aggression.

4 Likes

Re: DN

I filmed a poker show with him years back (2005) and he was by far the nicest of any of the people we had on. I ended up shooting some b-roll at his house and if he’s in the same house it wasn’t anything over the top by Vegas standards. Probably 3000 sq ft. I think it had a pool. His mom was living there with him at the time. Seemed like a very normal dude that was just good at poker.

Would be a shame if poker took it’s toll on him and he’s becoming a douche.

2 Likes

If anything took a toll on him I think it was social media.

1 Like

I see you’re unfamiliar with xnerd.

well for starters, makes chips move or spill and nobody wants to try to clean up that mess

thought he slammed the camera and broke it but idk what went where in all that only casually following

Re: DN -

Looks like he upgraded houses in 2014 to a 5000 sq ft mcmansion.

Huh? Apparently, because I don’t have the slightest clue what you’re talking about.

Yeah I mean don’t mess up the table, fair enough, but he threw his shit away from the table where nobody was.

Oh I thought you were referring the tweet where she was mentioning microaggressions. Carry on.

according to pokernews

Negreanu slammed his vlogging equipment into the table, scattering his chip stacks.

He then got up from the table, threw his handheld tripod and camera at a wall, all the while muttering under his breath unhappily.

so the first part is where he definitely went wrong, the second part is just stupid frustration but it’s more magnified cause it’s an individual sport vs a team one and there’s people right there, at least in the toher sports they’re not near the participants as it’s only roped off