2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Just registered.

First time playing a more than $200 tournament lol

2 Likes

It’s fine. Not luxury. If you want to play at Aria, it’s a convenient indoor walk to the poker room (or to the tram to Bellagio). Eataly and Crack Shack are relatively cheap eats.

Beds are weirdly low to the ground.

1 Like

What a fucking terrible fold.

Mentioning food at Park and omitting Best Friend is a capital offfense.

3 Likes

Best Friend is legit, probably even better with a group.

2 Likes

maybe not, some people live are a huge tellbox when they have the nuts

according to his hand history he got raised twice at the end, he put 100k into 130 and someone ripped 640 by the time it got back to him on that board (and it was JT making that higher straight flush, so does anyone have the balls to rip a blocker there, not usually at 1500 wsop event I’d say)

The second nuts is the second nuts. It should be as easy to fold bottom straight flush as it is to fold KQ on a KQQxx board.

2 Likes

I haven’t been there because I’ve usually been solo, but also because you can get equally good Korean food for cheaper off strip. I hear Bavette’s is also good.

Eh its PLO. I could see KQ being a fold on KQQxx in very specific situations in PLO.

https://twitter.com/MattStoutPoker/status/1540005797555347456?s=20&t=kOTqwf6w5tlcvWKrexc-Nw

This does not feel like a spot where anyone should be cold 3bet bluffing on the river.

your win rate in low stakes absolutely does not come from making insane folds with the top 0.1% of your range.

Perhaps easier because with KQ at least they could also have the same hand.

It’s a leak in low stakes to spew with near-nut hands against players who tell you when they have the nuts.

2 Likes

Yeah that seems like a totally reasonable spot to fold a sflush considering how the other two players have exactly nut flush, JTd and complete air bluffs as their combined range.

the real crime is he didn’t show his fold so he could sit back and call bluffs all day

The thing that really seals it for me is that it’s a single-raised pot that got checked around on the flop and turn. The pot is too small to go crazy trying to steal. And when no one bets until the river then they start going wild, that’s usually the nuts.

Plus, they’re in the money and people want to ladder up and not lose their shot at a bracelet due to spew. I think you have to call off in the early stages while re-entry is an option, but by the late stages, you’re mostly against competent players capable of basic hand-reading. There might not be anyone in the field losing their mind with the king-high flush at that point.

2 Likes

Right - I don’t play a ton of PLO but I’m having a hard time coming up with a button range that is checking turn but three bet jamming river. I’d think if you wanted to run a big bluff, you’d start on turn. I’d also think an Ace high flush wouldn’t check last to act in three way pot on turn to give opponents free shot at boat.

It’s embarrassing how bad I become at poker if there are multiple players at a table who have a pulse.

I’m at a table with a bunch of olds lamenting their senior tournament bust outs.

I only had one of those. Needed at least 4 or 5.