2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Wasn’t Cada one of the few good guys in poker?

https://twitter.com/pokergo/status/1535029843783340032?s=21&t=F0TTCBtSTJVQK0V9FzKXnQ

https://twitter.com/joecada99/status/1469742047485886464?s=21&t=mj9h_gw_t7VNX0GWv8mffg

3 Likes

Welp. Back down to 0 people.

5 Likes

first place listed bally’s

subway

I laughed out loud

the craze these days is protein but that much all the time is just going to lead to a lot of people needing new kidneys later in life.

Redacted for privacy

respectfully… no. not if you’re already healthy.

day 1 ‘fit, my goal is for there to be some tweet like “whos this kid in a bucket hat and mario shirt that just snap called a 3 bet with 9 high? he’s also only talking in tombstone references”

8 Likes

That’s a pro outfit. I would be scared.

2 Likes

lol a discord i’m in are making fun of me. i was like “who would suspect someone like this is a razz shark?”

and then i was like wait… the weirdest looking guy at the table is probably the best razz player anyway

4 Likes

weirdest and the oldest grumpy guy

1 Like

I guess optimal is dumb tourist

2 Likes

Who, the first time he’s dealt a hold 'em hand tries to 4x the blinds, and on the first non-holdem hand is like, “Whoa whoa whoa!” as soon as the dealer pitches a third card to a player. Some regs will fall for it and think you accidentally registered the wrong tournament.

I am probably going to play some low roller poker tonight. Eyeballing the Orleans 150 where I can park for free in a garage.

1 Like

I haven’t missed a Main Event since 2009 other than whatever weird thing they did in 2020. I basically play no poker anymore but usually the main event and few events before to remember the rules. But I’m having trouble getting motivated to go out this year. I hate Vegas and don’t really gamble outside of poker.

• I should go out for the Main Event this year.
  • I shouldn’t waste my time.

0 voters

If you’ve got a streak going, I wouldn’t skip it the first year on the strip. If you go and don’t have fun this year, make it the last. Unless you’re asking because of COVID, which is a different story. But if you didn’t miss the last one, then I assume that’s not your main concern.

I answered selfishly since there are few things that would that would be healthier for the forum than getting to rail a member making a final table.

4 Likes

If you play that infrequently, it seems like you’re just lighting 10K on fire. If you go, why not just play multiple smaller buy in events?

1 Like

Isn’t the ME the softest tournament by far? I’d bet even a formerly decent player that now plays infrequently would still be EV+.

1 Like

The fields are softer in most of the $500s and probably the Little One for One Drop as well. But like they aren’t 10-20x softer so when you adjust for buyin size, it’s the most $EV you can generate off a NLHE buyin most likely.

Problem is most of the money is up top and when you get down to the last few tables it’s going to be stacked with really good players so you need to either run hot by card distribution, run hot by fielding a punt from one of the few whales still in, or have a decent understanding of how to hang/battle with the sickos.

1 Like

I’ve played basically this infrequently since a year or two after Black Friday. But I’ve had good luck in the Main event, and haven’t ever felt like I was outclassed in that tournament. It doesn’t usually feel any tougher than a $1000-1500, depending on table draws.