2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Fields usually seem a little softer in those $500-600 but rake is higher, and a few hours in it seems you are down in the 20-30bb range. I was an online cash player so I do better with deeper stacks, or at least I used to.

That’s some pretty impressive skill retention.

It takes me a good 100hrs of live play to get back in the groove.

However, I play even less than you, so that may have something to do with it.

Yup, totally agree on all that. If you’re a good cash player then the Main is about as good as it gets. Don’t sleep on the Little One though if you’re (unfortunately - it means you’re out of the Main) free to play it. I didn’t look at this year’s structure yet but it’s usually 40K starting stacks, normal blinds, 60 minute levels. So there’s tons of play and the field is soft.

Also, the structure of the ME is the best anywhere

1 Like

don’t come to wsop unless you want to get covid. half of the dealers / players are just open coughing. i probably have it though i am testing negative for now. not going back this year and probably ever tbh. it’s a tragedy in there

8 Likes

Problem is that would mean you can’t play live anywhere ever again since covid is never going away.

For me personally, that’s no problem. However, I think there are some issues unique to the WSOP. No other venue is running 21k entry $500 buyins where they pack everyone in like sardines. Governments should compel large events like the WSOP to have better protections, I’m sure you can find a much safer atmosphere playing in smaller, less trafficked cardrooms.

Re: sick dealers, other properties employ dealers full-time rather than seasonally, so as I understand it they would have a better time with things like sick leave and wouldn’t feel as obligated to come in if feeling unwell.

2 Likes

Do you feel comfortable playing tournament series at other venues or is there too much crossover in player pools?

https://twitter.com/eisen009/status/1535641656027860992

personally i’m all about the bracelets. i’m sure it’s a little better over there but not by much. I know for a fact that the nicer properties have better sick leave policies so I’d be less worried about showing up to say, the Wynn and having my dealer hacking in my face the entire time because he can’t afford to leave. The players are whatever

1 Like

I would bet against every single one of those types in the main at this point.

Bet against them winning or cross book them?

and his name is actually stefan

2 Likes

Basically every poker person I follow on twitter has COVID. Caesars letting dealers out there with hacking coughs. A+ all around

Yea it seems totally out of control. Probably not making the trip. Don’t really feel like getting covid, getting disqualified, getting evicted, etc.

1 Like

Scott seiver is not good at flips (its an 8 handed flip the winners move on to play the tournament). Thats 0.3% if the math is right

https://mobile.twitter.com/scott_seiver/status/1536116619813867525

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/kibblesmith/status/1536516200972267520?t=GMK4GYreK6UKhuUBfJ_JVA&s=19

4 Likes

when i bust day 1 I need to play cash for the next few days. where’s the good spots? do live limit games exist anymore? looking specifically for 5/10 limit games (anything but omaha) possibly up to 15/30 depending on how much of a degenerate I feel like being and how soft the tables look.

Anything but Omaha makes it tough. Your options are 4/8 and maybe 8/16 mix games with some Omaha variants and lots of split pot games or at least 20/40.

mix is fine I would just rather stab myself in the balls for four hours then play just Omaha

4/8 probably isn’t even beatable with the rake downtown lol

fucking christ im gonna have to play NL arent i

eta: i’d possibly be able to stomach an 8/16 o8 game if nothing else was running. i’m a NL cash fish + i hate that game (unless it’s a tourney)