2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

walking. i do not drive my car typically once i arrive in vegas. i also am slightly disabled

dont care to eat well as long as its fast, reasonably healthy, and good

most desired foods i never can find in vegas:

vegetarian/vegan friendly places that actually have good food (not a vegan i just really do well on that diet for some reason for a lot of my issues so sometimes ill go for those menu options)
good poke place where i trust i wont get food poisoning

Get the spicy eggplant from Bang Bar in Cosmo for a quick meal.

4 Likes

Day 1s are in Paris. Shortest walks are going to Bally’s and Paris obviously, then stuff like Planet Hollywood, Cromwell, Bellagio, Cromwell, and Linq. Or you can stay farther out and taxi in.

Daniel Negreanu raves about how great the vegan food is at the Wynn and how many options there are.

I haven’t read it, but this might help:

https://twitter.com/tj_jurk/status/1528730510796566528?s=20&t=y5j-LrKiR-zLcruvUr0mJg

The place I’ve gone for poke is Pokeman, same ownership and plaza as Izakaya Go. Some sushi places have added a poke bowl to their menus. Not sure if there are good places on the Strip.

1 Like

Ah yea the paris area is my preferred area to hang out in. Not gonna mention in public what hotels I prefer around there, for obvious reasons, but I know my way around, not so much the food tho. thank you, awesome a guide

Everyone should eat this.

3 Likes

that guide is pretty sweet already, thanks. I was worried when I read it was from a nutritionist because they usually have batshit stupid advice, but it aligns with what I already believe about it. People really neglect diet in these things, without understanding that 10+ hours of intense focus is actually kind of hard on your body physiologically, especially for someone like me with severe ADHD, and even more especially because sitting for long periods is physically grueling for me due to my joint issues. I’ve had to maintain focus for periods like that before and I swear to god I will lose weight, whether from actually burning more calories than normal from concentrating (the brain burns a shocking amount of calories) or being too intensely focused to have much of an appetite at all, or forgetting to eat. pleased to see he recommends calorie bulking and heavy protein.

/h&f

1 Like

TJ is a former roommate of mine. Poker player who has always been into fitness and has gotten more into the diet side of things the past few years. He’s a really good dude and seems like he knows his shit when it comes to healthy eating. And he lives in Vegas now so if there is any Vegas specific info in his guide (I haven’t read it) you can trust that it’s coming from someone who lives there.

2 Likes

The game type changes every level, so just be aware of that.

The game type changes every eight hands, not every level.

Either way, he should be on his toes.

Actually, they should make it totally random. Random time that the game changes, random game.

2 Likes

oh man i didnt know that

curious do they have any rules around people deliberately tanking during rounds?

If it’s every 8 hands it doesn’t matter.

The same rules as against any kind of tanking.

doesn’t it?

say I know we’re about to go up a level. I could purposely tank hand 8 of omaha so that I guarantee every hand of the following razz is gonna be on the new structure? people dont do that?

I think community action goes into place and you just chastise the player until they stop :).

1 Like

lol oh you havent met me

The whole point of changing every set number of hands is that split-pot games often take longer, so when they used to change every level, those games had way fewer hands played. The goal is to have an equal number of hands of each game played. Anything time-based goes away from that.

1 Like

Most tanking that I see involves making sure that a hand will be the last one before break.

1 Like

trying to pick out basic wardrobe and this pbr bucket hat is calling to me:

4 Likes