2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

Redacted for privacy.

My favorite part of the thread was definitely when CW was calculating whether his freeroll tournament equity exceeded the cost of the plane tickets.

4 Likes

One of my favorite main events, Benefield and Newhouse making the final table. Steve Gee going deep again. Lots of big names in the final 100 all leading up to an anticlimactic Reiss v Farber heads up. Good times.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/UhlenPoker/status/1551756588427403264

1 Like

So is selling CW for his ME win next year? :smiley:

Put me down for 1%.

I’d take up to 10% without even asking my wife. Too good an investment to pass up.

I want to play a main. Never have

1 Like

Redacted for privacy.

You should definitely do it. The Main is a lot of fun.

Any poker player with the means to do so really should play it at least once. It’s unlike any other tournament. Insanely soft field for a $10k, the slowest structure in the world, the added excitement of it being the Main Event, and a shot at a huge score.

I’ve played it once. Never made better than one pair after level 1, and still didn’t bust until halfway through Day 2. As a cash game player who doesn’t really like tournament poker, it was a great structure to let my skillset go to work, unfortunatelynever got momentum though. Hopefully will be able to take another shot at some point down the road.

1 Like

Expecting enough of a inheritance to make going to the WSOP a possibility after some needed home/family investments.

My problem is that when it comes to NL tourneys I’m way under knowledgeable. I’ve probably played on the order of 30 donkaments live, most under $100. Have done ok in small fields (<40). Never gotten far the handful of times I played in bigger fields. So kind of feel like I’d just be lighting money on fire and buying an experience. Which might be value enough to me.

(I am unlikely to suddenly start playing live MTTs with any regularity due to home and work obligations).

1 Like

If you play a bunch of online MTTs and study you would be able to get a reasonable amount of edge.

I’m liking pokercoaching.com’s tourney masterclass. They also have WSOP prep courses and HH discussions. I guess their free peek is for 3 days, but that should be enough to let you decide if you think it’ll be worth it. The masterclass is dense and I have a lot of stuff to drill down on. Seems like there’s a lot of WSOP material there tho.

One year on the first hand of day 1, I flopped 2nd set vs top set in a 3bet pot on JTx board. And I lost like 15 bb total for the hand. I check called flop. Q turn went check check. I went for c/r on blank river and he checked behind.

5 Likes

Pretty sick to turn the 4th nuts into a bluff.

If we keep up the 9% inflation, I plan to play the Main Event in 2042

2 Likes

Prolly not going to have that time either. I’m 57 so I’m not staying up half the night and lol doing it during the day.

Don’t get me wrong. If I decide to go play I will get some more seat or online time in to prepare. And prolly badger you. ;).

In a pretty good spot with tennis/work/life(wife) currently. Not burning to upset so pokerz remain an occasional hobby these days.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’m built to play live MTT’s anymore. I always have to pee at too high of a frequency, paying attention for that many hours is hard, and it’s super painful for me to sit for that long. i really hope I can play ME someday. I’d sell 100% of my action just to do it almost, as long as I could keep a bracelet

Sell over 100% of yourself and just buy a bracelet :galaxybrain:

6 Likes