2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

We’ll call it “Springtime for Hitler: A Gay Romp With Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden”

1 Like

Seriously, I think I would do something similar. Always wanted to play main. Sell like 90% of myself just for the experience.

Obviously nobody would stake me these days but I’m sure I’d have been +EV a decade ago.

Always viewed as a retirement reward for me. Thought process is go out one year and play 1-2 lower buy-in events plus cash and then the main another year (unless I Bink a cash the first year).

I decided to give up tournaments after my 2018 trip to Vegas, where I spent day 2 in my hotel room with my heating pad following a day 1 tournament that gave me back spasms from all the sitting.

I was surprised to learn that the qualification for “senior” events is 50+ (would have assumed 60 or 65)

So I’m think of maybe trying one of those next year for my “wsop experience”.

2 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

I’ve heard those fields are surprisingly aggressive.

for me, weirdly, it’s my knees. prone is most comfortable, standing the next, and then sitting is the worst. in live games I’ll often stand up for multiple hands at a time and I’ve been told to knock it off once or twice.

speaking of that, the wsop was really not friendly to disabled people. coming back from break 7 or 8 hours in i tried to sit back at my table and got told to leave, I asked then where I could sit, since there were no other chairs in the room, they shrugged. lots of stuff like that

I’ve found that playing with headphones makes it easy for me to remain in constant motion, which seems to keep my back pretty loose. Helps that my playlist kicks fucking ass.

Redacted for privacy.

1 Like

What’s the first song?

It’s my ‘liked songs’ list and I have it on shuffle. By date it’s this:

Nice! Never heard that song before. Although it feels more like a song I’d play after I got 2 outed and trying to anti-tilt myself as opposed to pumping myself up for a poker session!

Us old guys can hear you

I said, “Those fields need bathroom breaks more often.”

3 Likes

LOL, this is the best post here. Epic move. Do it.

Redacted for privacy.

17 Likes

let’s goooooooooooooo!!!

Redacted for privacy.

1 Like

Ah well, good run anyway.

1 Like