2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I’m not sure about the application of that rule.

Should be. I’ve had a dealer tell me I put on a clinic for talking about a hand without actually talking about a hand.

I think the anti-talking rules are because of certain players who slowed the game down too much or acted like assholes.

We need players who will talk more while a wizard tanks.

Yeah, I’m sympathetic to your side. “You call, it all over baby!” is way more entertaining to watch than a couple of dudes with bad posture stare aimlessly through dark sunglasses.

2 Likes

Faster structures would help decrease the tanking wizards problem.

Redacted for privacy.

Yes, so they wouldn’t need to tank because their decision tree would be less complex with shorter stacks in a faster structure and their edge wouldn’t be as big so fun players stand a better chance of surviving.

Redacted for privacy.

I meant to type, the wouldn’t need to tank as long.

If anything, shorter stacks means more tanking for bad players.

Redacted for privacy.

A preflop shovefest would be more entertaining for casual fans.

hot take: the no-chat rules are to protect mentally weak fish

Honestly, it’s probably just to prevent fights.

there’s plenty enough rules for abuse/harassment to protect against that. people catch penalties for that all the time, wouldn’t be hard to enforce.

I think it’s good for the game for people to talk. Jamie Gold is a terrible poker player but his run in the WSOP and his talk is honestly something that could be studied, it’s so hilarious

The romantic old western poker player that everyone envisions is supposed to have a large part of his game from being able to read his opponents at a table. Taking out of major aspect of that because people can’t play nice is just dumb

1 Like

like I don’t know what the organizers of these events are thinking that their viewers are gonna watch some douche bag in sunglasses sit there for 25 minutes with what to 99% of players looks like a really easy fold decision

this is why I like cash, I don’t think I’ve ever been to a room where you can’t say basically whatever the fuck you want, within reason, some rooms try to tell you not to swear but that’s really all I have encountered

Any talking of any kind (other than abuse) should be allowed in the hand if it’s heads up. It’s a psychological game! You should absolutely be allowed to lie about your hand.

3 Likes

Dim the lights or do something that makes it hard to see with sunglasses.

1 Like

Players should be encouraged to talk when their opponent is silently tanking.

They should lease the rights to the jeopardy song and just play it on a loop. Would make for great tv.

1 Like

My plan if I ever made a streamed final table is to buy my rail kazoos with instructions to do the Final Jeopardy music against a serial tanker. I’m sure they’ll get away with it for exactly one hand, but my point will be made and I’ll be a hero to the masses.

2 Likes

lol id love to watch you do this