2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

I think i mentioned it in your stream but CW got the best distribution of starting hands but was outflopped/didn’t get action on most of them. The commentators even mentioned it at one point. In the 2 hours i watched he had AA,KK,QQ and flopped a set and was down cumulatively on those hands. Kaupp obviously ran best situationally and postflop and that’s why he won.

3 Likes

Played incredibly well. Other 3 guys were terrified to play pots with you. Hard to be disappointed when you had to sun run on the good side of variance for dozens of flips just to get to that moment over the last 5 days.

You’d make 100K the first few months of playing 5/10+ cash in Texas card rooms. It’s why tournaments never made sense to me.

3 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

2 Likes

Did you put the BB anti in the solver? I think that changes things significantly.

1 Like

yea sorry.
I didn’t want to put this on blast - if it got big, my stream could get yanked. I’m kind of sick of twitch platform so I dont care too much but it’d be annoying to get banned, I have 700 followers.

the vod’s still on pokergo!

1 Like

This was a super fun read after not paying attention all week. I definitely went through all phases of Vince meme as CW’s story played out. So sick. Great run @anon38180840!

2 Likes

I’ve been telling people I stayed up until 1am to watch my buddy win $100k in a poker tournament.

So, in case you weren’t aware, CW, we’re buddies now.

23 Likes

I had people texting me mid-tourney and I was all big lebowski “A MAN’S LIFE IS IN MY HANDS!”

no one knew what i was talking about when i tried to explain

1 Like

Okay, took a while to get to this, just pretend I was quicker and put it right after this post.

23 Likes

Same. Him and I go way back (we’ve probably interacted 7 times total, lifetime). We might as well be brothers at this point.

5 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

3 Likes

I’ve discovered that Lon specifically benefits HIGHLY from editing. It allows him to stick specifically to PbP and removes his shitty color comments (of which he made a lot during that FT.)

Stick to the non-live commentating my boy.

2 Likes

this is legit the funniest shit ive seen in a while, well done

2 Likes

Your GF was awesome btw. Her slamming the rail in celebration/frustration was very endearing

1 Like

+1. Even my friends who don’t play poker were watching on twitch.

2 Likes

Watching a poker final table live stream is typically meh, but watching a poker final table live stream when rooting for someone is tremendously exciting!

8 Likes

Redacted for privacy.

8 Likes

He did a good job then, kept that shit buttoned up tight

3 Likes

i think the pokergo guys were lurking, few things they said made me think they somehow knew

lol thanks i wish people knew how much of a struggle that entire thing was. i had taken my med too which was not helping things. i genuinely didnt anticipate it going that deep

1 Like