2022 World Series of Poker - Commonwealth goes on a heater

LOL hey man if you’re doing it for the jmakin rage emote and no ads I’m all for it, I just don’t want anyone to think they’re actually tipping me or anything they might as well just save this up

Don’t worry I’ll forget to renew in a month

3 Likes

@anon38180840 now that i’ve had some rest and hopefully you have as well, few things popped in my head

• what was the thing you mentioned to me that you were doing at the rail when you went to talk to your gf?
  • what’s the plan now that you have 6+ figures cash? moving up stakes? investments? business?
  • I know you probably wanted this to blow up bigger than it did, but honestly, you’re a pretty charismatic and inspiring guy, i think there’s something there. any thoughts of using this momentum into other avenues, like podcasts, YT content, etc.?
  • mentally i really struggle with building a big stack super deep in tourneys and getting crushed back down to a small stack like you did with the AK hand or the other bad beat. how did you mentally bounce back from that? what was going through your head?
1 Like

I had to follow and wait for 10 minutes before I could chat, but it buffered like a mofo and the only place it played relatively smoothly was jmakins link here. I was railing and playing the $18,888 on Ignition. Cashed, but I don’t get pumped about cashing or final tabling anymore. Top 3 with $250K and a bracelet on the line is my new goal.

1 Like

I love that 18,888 tournament! The structure is so fun. Uber deep early and then it plays like a turbo mid-late. I got to 2nd to last table the other night with a massive stack and then busted on some cooler, was bummed. I know I’ll take that one down if i keep playing it.

The $7,777 plays the same way. I’m winning both of these bastards soon. I always threaten to take a top 5 stack to the bubble and wind up losing 3 straight pots as an 80-90% favorite. Like AA vs. 69hh all-in for a full double and I lose every time. Doesn’t even phase me anymore. Got knocked out of two straight tournies with a full double on the line with AA vs. 95o. Still want to break shit when I think about it.

it’s not too hard to get those big stacks deep too which is why i love the format.

you rebuy until like 1500/3000 or something, so there’s all these juicy small stacks shoving weak and you can get to the 5k blind level where the field starts collapsing with 500k+ where you’re in a solid spot to go deep.

I play tons of hands early and trap a lot. Also sprung for 6 months of pokercoaching.com premium, which I’m liking so far. The tourney masterclass is pretty dense and is taking me longer to get through than I’d hoped. I like how Little spends a lot of time comparing his suggested ranges with the solver and listening to pros do hand history reviews helps me figure out how they think. I’m not quite through flop play in the course and feel like I’ve improved quite a bit.

nice. CW’s run has absolutely convinced me that 1) I want him to coach me and 2) I’m signing up for upswing, because I think that’s where he studies.

I’m not the type of player that sticks rigidly to a plan or formula, I like to know core concepts and build out from there. that’s how I approached hearthstone which I think I nearly solved and had some top 10 runs there. different game but sorta similar thought process involved.

no training ever works on me if it’s like “in X situation do Y.” I need to know WHY I am doing that.

You can do a week of PC for free to see what they offer. I looked at upswing and liked PC better, but maybe I just like Johnathon better than Doug.

1 Like

doug’s crypto shit and personality kinda rub me the wrong way, so I’ll check it out, thanks

I always liked that Johnathon doesn’t monetize his YT vids and he provides the content ad free with the plug for his site at the end. I feel like the HH webinar I saw was really valuable and the pro took a (very funny) shot at Hellmuth in one of his hand reviews, which made me think of clovis.

1 Like

Redacted for privacy.

3 Likes

You can get 3 days for free right now. Access to everything on the site.

Got a link? Not sure what site you guysbare talking about. Want to do some satellite refresher

PC is great to work on your NL game, I subscribed for a year at the start of the pandemic and got a ton out of it. JL has a really good lineup of coaches.

Nice work CW! CASH

1 Like

Seems pretty good for tournament poker too. I’m not very far into the tourney masterclass and I have a million rabbit holes to explore.