2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Right but you think this guy knows that? 0 chance.

Yes, but we need to disperse Ohioans to liberal enclaves that will contain their damage.

Canada says no thanks Yankee.

itnotans

Uncultured chuds

Not eating beef = vegetarian.

1 Like

I have eaten veal cordon bleu in India.

1 Like

There is no ferry across Lake Erie for a reason.

We’re fucking doomed

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/03/22/digital-rest-stop-doomscrolling/

What’s the gist?

Good for her.

1 Like

All over social media, videos are inviting us to take a break. Watch this waterfall. Look up at the sky. Gaze at a steaming cup of tea sitting quietly on a counter. If you’ve encountered one of these, you’ve likely arrived at a digital resting point.

Digital resting points are videos intentionally created to give people a break from social media. They all follow a similar format: a soothing scene on screen, almost no people, a still camera, soft music or natural sounds. Then, voice-over or text appears: “Congratulations! You’ve reached a digital resting point. Stay as long as you like.”

So instead of just putting down the phone and looking at the sky, you scroll to a profile and look at recordings of the sky. This must be generational. It’s like those headlines where a tech firm proposes a concept of a large vehicle to carry people form place to place and we’re all like “congrats, you invented a bus”

1 Like

Absurd this nurse is getting prosecuted

“This is a medication that you should never, ever, be able to override to,” Brown said. “It’s probably the most dangerous medication out there.”

Not sure if you know the definition of override there.

That sentence stood out to me too. It’s exactly the type of med I’d want to be able to override and get out of the machine. However I’d usually use succinylcholine or rocuronium as a paralyzing agent instead. Vec is fine though.

This type of mistake isn’t that uncommon. I’m aware of a case where three women got digoxin into their epidural during birth. It was a disaster.

Edit: and I just found out a guy who plagiarized my work wrote a paper on it. Fuck that guy.

1 Like

“Murphey’s care alone required at least 20 cabinet overrides in just three days, Vaught said.”

alert fatigue is a real thing. if this is true and a single patient needs 20 overrides in 3 days, they would be better off just removing the “override” system completely.

With profit motives that incentivizes overworked staff I think it’s surprising we don’t hear of more fatal mistakes like the one that happened here.

In a “most likely to yell DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM” draft, Ted Cruz would have been a clear first rounder.

lololololol

https://twitter.com/lebassett/status/1506389394969829378?s=21

2 Likes

I override BUT THIS PERSON HAS A PENICILLIN ALLERGY to give ceftriaxone at least twice per shift

I don’t know why she should be able to manually pull vec of all things. If you keep paralytics in the unit med cabinets The drawer literally shouldn’t be allowed to open unless there is a written order. We keep our intubation paralytics locked in our code carts and charge stations, but paralytics aren’t even kept in our Pyxis machines to be pulled. They have to be hand delivered by pharmacy.

I also don’t know why she was manually pulling any meds for an MRI. This sounds like her hospital had serious problems with their medication system and their culture as a whole. Obviously charging her is complete BS, but I’m fine with the hospital being sued and her losing her license.