2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

I grew up in a nice area and all the real estate agent people took their kids into the family business. Like damn man how did this 28 year old start selling 2.6 million dollar houses, oh he works for his mom.

2 Likes

possibly best human ever lived

https://mobile.twitter.com/DollyParton/status/1503378691145056258

5 Likes

Dolly does seem pretty great. Saying that is usually the kiss of death though.

Just looked up the current standings in the fan vote. Top 5 are:

Duran Duran
Eminem
Pat Benatar
Dolly
Eurythmics

Other nominees for this year:
Judas Priest
Lionel Richie
Carly Simon
Kate Bush
Devo
Rage Against the Machine
Dionne Warwick
A Tribe Called Quest
New York Dolls
Beck
Mc5
Fela Kuti

Eminem? What?

So it’s basically The Music Hall of Fame now, right?

Also, fuck New York Dolls and MC5 not being in already. Total bullshit.

Has been for a long time.

The first ever female inductee was Aretha Franklin in 1987.

Yeah, there’s an awful lot of not-rock on that list. Like well over half. Just call it the US-centric Pop Music HoF.

1 Like

Yup.

Sometimes they surprise me. Like a couple years ago Roxy Music got in, but mostly it’s a popularity contest. If it was going by most influential, Kate Bush, MC5, Carly Simon would all be shoe-ins.

One of my parents’ friends is a doctor and doesn’t practice anymore. He retired from medicine to do real estate full time. He is technically an agent although he is mostly just representing himself in transactions. I assume that doesn’t count.

I dunno where to put this. I’d put it in GOP insanity, but edgelording has always been nonpartisan.

https://twitter.com/trinitymustache/status/1503584054452514816?s=21

Man just ban all social media until we figure out what the hell is going on.

Feel like I have to imagine them going on dates because they are incels who don’t date in the real world.

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1503798373375262723

6 Likes

Gonna lol when Biden vetos this

2 Likes

Chuck fucking Schumer for president.

And dogs.

1 Like

I’m going through the same thing with Ford. I paid to reserve one of the new Broncos. A year later they tell me they are way behind on deliveries and that I would be in line for a 2022. That’s fine, I’m in no rush. They send me to the Ford website where I tell them all the options I want, they give me a price quote and I pay $500 to have them go ahead and make the car. Kind of annoyed by that, but w/e, I really want this truck. A few minutes later I get a call from the local Ford dealer who tries to get me to pay $1000 for… some reason, and then tells me I will have to pay $13K over the price quote I just received. I was like wtf did I just pay $500 for? They couldn’t give me a straight answer, so I told them to fuck off.

1 Like

hmmm. Methinks the 70’s were a time when parents let their kids walk to school alone, ride city buses alone, come home and be alone for hours, and play all day alone without adult supervision.

I think we’ll be ok.

WTF this came out of nowhere, right?

nowhere? Biden promised bipartisan action, and he delivered!

5 Likes