2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

If it’s got a lot of vinegar in it it’s probably shelf-stable, especially if it doesn’t say to refrigerate after opening.

I feel like it might be more accurate to say they were hired as a teacher. In other words they were hired to perform the duties of a single teacher, so it seems obvious that that’s how they should be paid. I’m not even sure what the counter-argument would be.

Maybe one of them (mentally) works on tomorrow’s lesson plan while the other one is talking?

I don’t see how you can get to 2x, but I could see how some amount greater than 1x could be justified. Closer to 1 than 2.

It’s not like an individual teacher doesn’t have to lesson plan and whatnot.

What kind of hot sauce though?

Some Tabasco brand smoked chipotle sauce. Not their main flavor, which I don’t like either.

This one goes well as an ingredient in a certain recipe my wife used to make, but I think it tastes very mediocre in all other applications.

1 Like

This is not advice but guessing it’s fine. Open would be different. Based on observation, it eventually oxidizes, the color changes, and it starts to taste funny but I don’t think much can live in there. Some stuff lasts essentially forever.

https://twitter.com/BobGolen/status/1487626540997386245?t=qN0GvKozvikYCJ7uAWK-PQ&s=19

5 Likes

I believe Tabasco is aged and fermented for several years before being bottled. I would not worry at all about spoilage. If it tastes good, use it. (Spoiler: it doesn’t taste good though, because it’s Tabasco.)

1 Like

Seems like the catching point is the assumption that income must only come from the market. One is paid market income for a job, the other is deemed disabled depending on how much she can work and is given a Social Security check.

1 Like

This is more or less how I look at it, unless the school hired them as a pair of teachers that would teach in a single classroom, the way that some classrooms have two teachers working at the same time. [The reddit thread has some people arguing, “How do you know they couldn’t do the work of two people?” which I think is kind of ridiculous. Others in that thread don’t seem to believe in the idea that wages should be tied to output, so they make arguments like, “The twins are two individual people, each with their OWN degree. Do two individual people, each with their own degree, not deserve their own individual salary for their own individual job and degree?”]

Unrelated, one question is which one is hired, and how do their taxes work? Like, are they separate taxpayers because they are separate individuals? Is one considered disabled because their ability to work is obviously terminated by the other one being hired? Or are they considered two individual part-time teachers, and they alternate days? I’m more interested in the mundane logistics than the moral question.

1 Like

Do they have separate social security numbers? What if one of them commits a crime, can their body be put in jail even though one of them has done nothing wrong?

2 Likes

Apparently yes. (I’m not sure how credible that site is, but lots of different sites make the same assertion.

Considering that they have to coordinate their arms and legs (each has control of one side), I think the number of crimes they could commit without the other’s consent/cooperation is probably limited. But I agree it’s another interesting question!

The only way to settle this is to cut all the kids in two and giving half to each head.

2 Likes

Tabasco is OK if you use it in a situation that calls for high acidity. There are many superior hot sauces, but Tabasco is fine when used properly.

Maybe it was the incongruous combination of sumo belts and Morrison’s cowboy hat that made me pause my workout to watch. Maybe it was the confused faces of passersby stumbling upon half-clothed men hurling each other around at a Wednesday morning practice in Kidd Springs Park. Or maybe I was just looking for an excuse to stop running.

In any case, a few weeks later, on a bright Sunday morning in late December, I drove up to a small jiujitsu gym in North Dallas. There, I found Morrison unpacking Santa hats and tinsel from a cardboard box.eing-texan/sumo-getting-big-texas/

1 Like

Hot sauce Power Rankings

Elite Tier:

Cholula, Tabasco, Tabasco Chipotle, Green El Yucateco

Usable:

Tapatio, Valentina, Green Tabasco, Red El Yucateco

Replacement Level:

Getting Hit by a bus

Garbage Tier:

Frank’s Red Hot

Saw an America’s Test Kitchen ep where they came up with the exact opposite order. :man_shrugging:

Ok maybe not exact but first and last reversed, pretty sure.

Edit:

Cholula= lighter fluid according to Bridget or whatever her name is. And I have 2 Costco bottles of it to go through!

Oops, that’s the other lady, Julia.

That investigation was announced almost immediately as soon as the video went viral. At 417km/h the car crosses a football field goal post to goal post in a second. That’s insane.

1 Like

How is sriracha not on that list? It’s the perfect utility grade hot sauce. Rarely the best choice, but always a decent one.

1 Like

Was naming off the top of my head but yes, Sriracha is totally in the usable bucket.