2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

QT would be a dead man if the restaurant scene in Pulp Fiction ended this way.

I saw this. Booo

Even after years of this, in one of the worst democracies on earth, this is still shocking.

What in the actual fuck!

1 Like

Maybe when they suppress science, the Barbara Streisand effect will make MORE people believe science!

3 Likes

Did you mean the US or Oklahoma? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Both

As a California employer, I am not surprised! It appears you can do it with the employee’s written consent, but not if it’s the employee’s final paycheck or if the deduction would bring the employee below minimum wage for the actual hours worked in the period from which the deduction is being made.

1 Like

I am curious if Islam is on their list of religions.

100% no.

I am sure the Church of Satan will be among the first to sue which will be hilarious.

Church of Satan has been doing God’s work for quite some time.

7 Likes

Amen!

1 Like

Got check #2 the mail, on time. 2 full weeks pay this time. Reliable so far. Wish I could direct deposit but this is easy enough.

PFL is California is up to 8 weeks. I’m taking 6 weeks as I don’t quite have enough ATO, vacation and sick leave to do 8-12. I could take a pay cut and be fine, but it would also slow down my track to partner.

Also, not going to lie, got an itch to go back to what I do.

So, I found a bottle of hot sauce in my pantry. Unopened and expired in 2017. It’s not even a kind I really like, but I’m all out of my regular stuff. What do you do with it?

1. Use it. It’s a sealed bottle
  2. Throw it away. The best by date was 5 yrs ago
  3. Try it and reassess.

I did #3, but since the sauce doesn’t taste great to me anyway, I couldn’t really tell if anything was amiss. So, I just used enough for this one time and threw the bottle out.

update in 24 hours please

I’ve had large open bottles of sriracha and Frank’s both been expired since 17/18 that I use from time to time with no ill effects or change of taste.

I happened upon one of the strangest arguments I’ve ever seen, so I thought I’d share. It’s a fairly easy-to-understand premise: conjoined twins Abby and Brittany Hensel have shared bodies, with the exception of two heads and four lungs some separate organs. So they have individual personalities. They were hired as teachers at an elementary school - should they be paid one salary or two?

The reddit thread: Reddit - Dive into anything

I’m not reading that, but I feel like the correct answer is something in between.

I thought that it didn’t make sense that they had separate lungs but not stomachs, and they have separate stomachs, hearts and a few more too

wiki has some more information:

I firmly do not give a shit :slight_smile: