2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Looks more like 5th-ish by cargo volume. Top 10 is China China China and more China plus Singapore and Busan. Might have been true not all that long ago tho.

2 Likes

before my surgery i was in the habit of driving down LA’s coast every morning, looking out on the ocean you’d see cargo ships stretched for miles. i don’t know if they solved the backup or not but it was crazy bad for a while in these ports and the ports had to start threatening severe fines for containers left sitting.

Yeah I guess it’s 2nd busiest in the US.

There’s a lot less of them now. They don’t stretch down to Huntington Beach anymore.

1 Like

Lol my brother scored Taylor Swift tickets, but the gross part is he’s talking about using them.

2 Likes

Haters gonna hate hate hate

16 Likes

I’ve been reading her tour sale crashed ticketmaster completely, lol

She’s turned from a country to indie darling. She’s touring with Muna, Phoebe Bridgers, HAIM and has songs with such. Second last album was produced by The National, has songs with Bon Iver.

1 Like

Hard pass. Her best work is with Max Martin.

I will go to my deathbed proclaiming hate for TS, but her politics are good now, she was nice in the documentary about her, she’s working with indie groups, she decided to rerecord all her old albums to spite and impoverish that tool scooter Braun, and she writes her own stuff and makes an effort. Still, I gotta be firm, even if she releases like an album of velvet underground covers.

Who hates on TS? Besides Kanye.

1 Like

This is/was so super badass. In case anybody doesn’t know, her catalogue got sold to a dickbag, so she is re-recording all of her albums and releasing “Taylor’s Versions”. Just a massive power move. I’m a fan.

2 Likes

If the dickbag owns it, would doing this violate his ownership rights in some way. I’ve got no idea how this works, just asking.

My first favorite bands were Judas priest, iron maiden, and the police. I then got into Metallica, then the doors, stones, ccr, then rem, alternative rock, velvet underground, then grunge, pixies, then stuff like wilco, some techno, Radiohead, then other indie stuff on a case by case basis. I’m just contractually obligated to dislike Taylor Swift.

1 Like

No. Dickbag owns the masters/those actual recordings, but the compositions are still hers.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Cliffs on how dickbag got the recordings in the first place?

He owns the masters, the original recordings. So TS said, fine let him own them, I’ll rerecord everything (because I have lyric and publishing rights), and tell my fans to only listen to the new recordings.

Do they only play her recordings on the radio now?

I don’t know know, probably. Most media doesn’t want to piss off TS fans.

I think radio isn’t a big revenue stream, for TS it’s like restaurants, bars, venues, ads, tv/movies, Spotify, etc. Plus, she’s made a ton reselling all the albums.

What’s a radio?

Braun bought the label that owned the Swift albums. I think she tried to buy them from him and he refused so she went nuclear.