2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Yeah I would just buy a vacation home and a home in Boston and continue working.

1 Like

I would definitely move to Kauai

1 Like

If I won some crazy jackpot im giving 90+% away. I can never work again with a few million. I’d give everyone i know 1m and then just… give the rest away.

Which I’m sure is whay most folks here would do. I mean. I could make the career change from journalist to philanthropist. Easy easy.

i dunno i think my wife and i could develop some expensive tastes very quickly

1 Like

The answer is approximately a billion dollars (as long as you put some supplementary content with the money burning).

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah, it was very close to my real life experience

1 Like

Just had a convo with an Amazon chatbot about a return. Was by far the most efficient and productive customer service online chat I’ve ever had.

1 Like

Hey apparently Kentucky Lottery gives a free powerball play for signing up for their email list. Ready to win my jackpot.

1 Like

Chatbots both save the company money and increase customer retention. They work fantastically well for common interactions. We have people that all they do is work on our internal version.

lol yea im to the dystopian as fuck point where automated help on any problem i have where i have to call is way more easily solved by auto prompts than the severely underpaid and exploited dumb fucks running off a script with zero critical thinking can do.

I had one where a return was too big a pita but I still wanted to at least register a complaint. It was some effort and no human will see it and it will have no effect so I’d have to give the bot a thumbs down.

Somewhat related: Amex’s extended warranty on purchases is amazing. Got a full refund on my son’s Oculus Quest when the head strap broke in a way that wasn’t reparable or replaceable.

My best one was when the remote stopped working for my 55" Sharp Roku TV. I called Amex to ask if there was a way to just make a warranty claim on the remote and after filling out the forms and waiting a few days, they refunded the entire TV.

4 Likes

There was a story going around recently about a guy who won 30M in a lottery in Singapore or someplace like that, and the story was he was keeping it a secret from his kids so they don’t become lazy.

But his photo was in the papers…

A relative passes away and you put a few of her things up for auction. The in-house appraiser thinks one of the vases might go for $2k, it actually sells for $7 million. Good day for the relative, very bad day for the appraiser…

Excellent post

Have you seen the whole movie?

$1 million: I’m putting all of it towards a tractor truck and trailer plus liquid capital for my one-man independent owner-operator business

$1 billion: there’s so many ideas I float through my head every time I buy a ticket. I wonder how far I could get converting every impoverished renter in a given neighborhood into paid-off homeowner before the capitalists start colluding against me and preventing the purchases

Or like walking down the street buying every homeless person a home and setting them up with mental healthcare and a job where the job is just helping more homeless people, trying to start a worldwide snowball

Army of antifa supersoilders who egg every law office that represents slumlords. Start with whatshisface Ivana’s husband’s lawyers

2 Likes

I’ve wondered about the possibility of buying up apartment buildings and financing turning them into co-ops.