2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

napoleon-dynamite-gif-whatever-i-feel-like-i-wanna-do-gosh

2 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

Really only one answer here.

8 Likes

…and the rest of it he’ll spend foolishly.

7 Likes

I’d work 1-2 days a week and spend more time on various hobbies.

I’d also be fighting my inner boglehead who would be asking “Is that really enough? What are we going to do if…” But 20x plus what I’ve got now should shut him up.

I hit the first 3 numbers in Wednesday’s drawing and it’s been a minute since my heart jumped that hard. Fortunately I missed all the others bc legit may have had a heart attack.

For one beautiful moment though, I was sure I’d won.

4 Likes

Forgot to play yesterday’s, oh darn. Just tossed $10 on Monday’s drawing, feels like a couple days daydreaming of retirement are worth $10

same, went to kwickie mart last night but missed the cutoff (is it 1 hour before the drawing?)

1 or 2 iirc, might vary by state

This is my logic. Few bucks buys a helluva daydream. … I’d wreck my current company bc everyone I work with is getting 1M.

Yea same. And I guess to get back to my usual cynicism, the more it becomes apparent that the economy won’t work for the working class, that home ownership may become an impossible dream, that retirement is way farther away than anyone ever thought… I wonder if this mindset is actually going to continue to grow. This view of long-shot lottery tickets (and psuedo-lotteries like meme stock options, crypto, etc) as the only potential way to achieve the American dream anymore feels like it’s becoming more mainstream, increasing the number of people who pay attention to the lottery and punt a few dollars every time the jackpot gets big just so they can dream.

I think meme stocks and the lotto et all, are the only shots at fu money.

The question is what is the American dream these days? In some ways, its fu money.

I have a house and a car and a steady job. I even got promoted last week!.. but mostly its a reminder that if you play the game you don’t get to stop.

I bought tickets using the Georgia lottery app. Looking forward to waking up to notifications: “Unheard voicemail,” “Look back on memories from November 7, 2009,” “Bedroom speaker is playing sleep sounds,” “You’ve won $1.9 billion,” “Gmail 2 unread messages”

2 Likes

2 unread? …

2 NEW unread

1 Like

Looks like no $1.9b for me. My brother went to Vegas for weekend and it’s not sold in Nevada.

How behind the times can America be? You can’t buy online. Lol

I didn’t play lotto last night because I knew nobody would win. And that lotto.com was not working for me.

You win you move. I’d take that.