2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

This shouldn’t anger me more than broadcasting anti-semitism to millions of people, but somehow it does. That is so supremely fucked up. Assuming it’s real.

2 Likes

“courageous influencers”

1 Like

Who are these absolute morons sending their children to Kanye’s cult academy? Incompetence abounds.

2 Likes

This is a wild read, and gives some insights about possible motivations:

Seems like a lot of the promotion about the school focused on the (a) choir program and (b) the basketball team, which had an Adidas sponsorship and did the kind of national recruiting that some other places like Oak Hill Academy do where they use the promise of tv exposure and connections to top colleges/agents/pro teams as bait for elite prep players.

I’d never send my (hypothetical) kids there, but if I was broke and my kid was super talented in music or basketball, I could maybe see how it might be tempting to take the scholarship, send my kid there for a year and hope that proximity to Kanye and his other powerful friends would open some doors to the industry. Now, when it comes to the rich parents who coughed up $15k to send their kids there, the parents are clowns and I feel sorry for the kids.

1 Like

Several people who were once close to the artist formerly known as Kanye West told CNN that he has long been fascinated by Adolf Hitler — and once wanted to name an album after the Nazi leader.

A business executive who worked for West, who now goes by Ye, told CNN that the artist created a hostile work environment, in part through his “obsession” with Hitler.

“He would praise Hitler by saying how incredible it was that he was able to accumulate so much power and would talk about all the great things he and the Nazi Party achieved for the German people,” the individual told CNN.

The executive left his position and reached a settlement with West and some of his companies over workplace complaints, including harassment, which CNN has reviewed. The former executive asked not to be named due to a confidentiality agreement and fear of retribution by West. According to the agreement, West denied the executive’s allegations.

The executive told CNN that West spoke openly about reading “Mein Kampf,” Hitler’s 1925 autobiographical manifesto and expressed his “admiration” for the Nazis and Hitler for their use of propaganda.

This individual stated that people in West’s inner circle were “fully aware” of his interest in Hitler. Four sources told CNN that West had originally suggested the title “Hitler” for his 2018 album that eventually released as “Ye.” They did not want to be named, citing concern for professional retribution.

Lol everyone dumping the oppo on West now that he’s circling the drain.

4 Likes

Man, the scholarship thing is the most confusing part of all of this. Kanye is giving families money and then taking it back from them, which would sound like some money laundering schenannigans if a non-crazy person were doing it.

Is he taking it from the same families? I read it more as some kids are on scholarship and others pay full freight, but maybe I’m misunderstanding.

I just skimmed but it says half the kids attending are(were) getting scholarship money from West-related funds.

4 Likes

Starting to seem less and less like Kanye is having an acute mental health episode and more and more like he’s just a fucking nazi:

It’s pretty clearly both.

1 Like

Both is certainly possible, but I just don’t want to hand-wave away the fact that he appears to be a nazi. Maybe his mental health has made it harder for him to keep his views quiet.

Nah dude, he’s legit having serious mental health problems.

Wait wait wait… the guy who wore a maga hat and praised Donald trump turned out to be a nazi the whole time??

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/pink/status/3967674746?lang=en

10 Likes

Early af

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1585621627596832769?t=2s7xO5saA_7Kik4o6rPL4g&s=19

2 Likes

Why does he think the post was hacked?

8 Likes

He says he is going to prohibit this. I wouldn’t want it done anyway. I’m just hopeful he releases his notes so we get the ending in note form.

Well, he started having mental health problems and the friends like Jay Z went “I dont need this shit” then people like Candace Owens popped into his life.