2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

It’s proven to be a tough time for Beyond Meat (BYND).

“We … recognize that progress for us and for the sector is taking longer than expected,” CEO Ethan Brown said during an August analyst call discussing second-quarter results. However, “we have a clear view of our vast long-term opportunity.”

Earlier this month, the company said that its former COO Doug Ramsey was leaving permanently. The company suspended Ramsey in September after he allegedly bit a man’s nose following a Arkansas football game.

Lol. Bit a man’s nose.

they lost 19% of their workforce recently too, chessmate vegans!

ETA: woops i cant read was looking at wrong year nvm

I went to PSU a lifetime ago. I loved it. It changed who I was for the better. Seven of my dormmates came to my wedding 500 miles away despite me seeing them once every three years or so

But the administration has been sketchy from day 1. A girl died my sophomore year because an elevator got stuck and she slipped trying to get out. I ended up writing a letter to the university newspaper criticizing the administration for victim blaming instead of addressing the fact that the elevators in the dorms fucking sucked and broke down all the time.

For a university that has so much positive going for it (Thon rules), they really find themselves on the wrong side of almost everything

Enrique? Does he identify as black or does he just think he’s dark-skinned, like Mike Tirico?

Also the Proud Boys aren’t the stormfront crowd. My hypothetical is after fascism rolls in, whatever group is the farthest right starts winning out, similar to now.

to them it’s all black i just used the easiest word, no idea what he identifies as

I weirdly don’t really know the precise political beliefs of the proud boys too much, they’re pretty insular and secretive, but all these flavors of right wing terrorism usually lean in the same way as that Ruby Ridge guy or Timothy McVeigh.

like I’m sure there’s tons of white supremacists in that group but I’m not sure if they’re strictly a white supremacist group.

There are black proud boys. There are no black stormfronters.

Here’s how I see it playing out post-fascist apocalypse:

Proud Boys: “Hey guys could we not talk about racial purity and genocide so much? It’s making some of our members nervous.”

Stormfront: “I knew you weren’t with us you weird little pussies!”

Leadership cabal: “Guys the stormfront wing has a right to free speech. And they have all the guns and actually know how to use them. I say we hear them out.”

I guess the lines get pretty blurred when they rock gear called “88 tactical” but yea it’s a really weird fucking world in my opinion.

weirder still that you’d never catch these guys dead speaking seriously against white supremacism, sorta like trump, who I doubt is actually a full blown white supremacist and is just an extremely vile racist, would always be reticent about speaking ill of them because they were “on his side”

To me it feels like advancement in plant based meats has been insanely fast.

Man, I don’t know, but it costing $225,000 to build a bathroom in some ununincorporated bumblefuck town with a population of (according to google) like 120 seems like a bigger fucking problem then it costing 17 million in the most expensive city in the country.

Edit: I see it’s actually a bumblefuck city with a population of 32,000 in Wyoming. The point still stands.

https://twitter.com/opinion/status/1584627706146299904?t=-5baWIocCReDXIFrkSzmIw&s=19

Counterpoint: The entire state is running out of water and is currently on fire.

1 Like

Don’t forget the earthquakes, had one this afternoon

1 Like

i thought there may have been an EQ last night, I had a large heavy box on a top shelf in my closet that managed to fall down, completely mystified me

5 Likes

lol I may be remembering wrong but I think I was in the earthquake that inspired that meme.

1 Like

i think I was too. Wasn’t it the earthquake a number of years back on the East Coast that affected Virginia Through NY?

Yeah, I was in the DC metro at the time.

To me they seem like very heavily processed foods that few people want, especially not for a premium price. The vast, vast, vast majority of people are going to choose what to eat based on taste, cost, and absolutely nothing else. Nobody GAF about eating responsibly.

2 Likes

Nah I got the warning too before the quake. The beeping scared the shit out of my baby

1 Like