2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

lol Alkaline Trio, haven’t thought about them in ages

“shaking like a dog shitting razor blades” is one of the greatest first lines of a song ever

1 Like

Honestly doesn’t sound that absurd.

Does anyone really want to hear more than like a half dozen songs from these bands?

1 Like

I’d pay a decent amount to see Jimmy Eat World play Bleed American in its entirety but the rest can play their 2 or 3 hits and get off the stage imo.

5 Likes

At least I’ve heard of a lot of these bands.

BTW who the fuck is Bright Eyes and why is their logo so big?

i assumed he meant the wombat NFT wasn’t going to make it

Who knew it would be Robert Paulson.

I haven’t been to a lot of concerts. But Paramore was my favorite and it’s not particularly close. I’d absolutely go see them again.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbcworld/status/1484577835712925703?s=21

The unnamed 49-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of death has not yet been determined, but police say there is no evidence of “foul play”.

:thinking:

Ha that’s firmly my age group. Some guilty pleasure emo in that one

Look at this cool guy

That concert lineup tells me how old I really am. I always thought emo was stuff like Sunny Day Real Estate. But I guess emo and pop-punk became the same thing at some point?

Wild read. If you want to see 25 year olds complain about making $300k…click below.

1 Like

For some reason Apple Music really wants me to listen to Bright Eyes. I wanna punch that whiny bastard in the throat.

Hmmm, has anyone seen Byron Lawson lately?

An investigation has begun after claims that the body of a dead man was taken into Irish post office in an attempt to claim his pension.

Reports suggest a deceased pensioner was “propped up by two men” as his body was carried into the building in County Carlow, according to the Irish Times.

It said the two men “dropped” the body and fled when staff questioned them.

Weekend at Donal’s?

1 Like

I don’t have any heroes left but yeah, he seems pretty great compared to most people and especially anyone who’s had that much power.

Good idea for a thread.

It’s not too late to rename the James Webb space telescope imo.

He treated Americans like adults and told them real truths and they didn’t like that, they want to be told they’re special and that everything will be ok if they just keep doing what they’re doing.