2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

It sounds a lot like all the arguments against affirmative action from 20 years ago, but even less persuasive because we barely understood structural racism back them.

Wait for it…

https://twitter.com/7SpringsPA/status/1484169156115288065?s=20

6 Likes

fun to live in a reality where capitalists aren’t evil enough for checks notes professor of psychology.

CEOs: signalling a virtue you don’t possess and shouldn’t want to please a minority who literally live their lives by displeasure. You’re evil capitalists, after all, and should be proud of it. At the moment, I can’t tell if you’re more reprehensibly timid even than the professors. Why the hell don’t you banish the human resource DIE upstarts back to the more-appropriately-named Personnel departments, stop them from interfering with the psyches of you and your employees, and be done with it?

What was I waiting for?

The skier struggling down the stairs in the background

Ah

3 Likes

It’s amazing how much of our info is just out there.

We’re looking for someone to do our periodic pressure washing and gutter cleaning. We had a regular dude who is great, but he is unavailable for a while. So we have a couple of people coming over for estimates.

One guy called back and when we asked him to come by for an estimate, he said, “No need to come by, just give me your address”. This kicks off a 30 min text exchange where he is sending us detailed photos of our house from like every angle with questions about what we want done.

Not sure whether to admire his google skills or be really creeped out by the whole thing.

It doesn’t look like it’s going to make it.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Brief summary:

Wombats are just really, really chonky cats. He’ll make it.

Play some mini golf to see how Congress draws the lines in districts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2022/redistricting-mini-golf/

1 Like

People on the interwebs being like “ha ha a music festival for old (and emo) people”. And I’m even too old for this one!

2 Likes

I hit the target demographic for this and you could not pay me enough money to go. Yikes.

1 Like

Damn, that really is an all time great emo fest

1 Like

Also target demo. I don’t think I’d go to this festival, but I have definitely binged Spotify playlists with approximately this lineup. Looks kinda cool.

3 Likes

Damn, they covered just about ALL the bases.

Not sure what a few of those artists are doing there though (Poppy, I Prevail, Ice Nine Kills).

Trying to think of bands that should be there but aren’t is not easy. I can only think of Brand New, Simple Plan, and Hawthorne Heights.

EDIT: Actually Hawthorne Heights IS there. Damn, they did well assembling this lineup.

1 Like

65 bands on 3 stages in 12 hours.