2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1560318590376710145?s=21&t=lZMaLGbpRiljlrZLEp67FA

4 Likes

Of course Jacobian would get around to him.

1 Like
1 Like

I was just in 2 grocery stores and wings were more than 2x bone-in skin-on thighs. I bought thighs.

2 Likes

Bone in thighs are the clear winner of the chicken.

2 Likes

Seems bizarre to me that we still make chickens with an equal amount of legs and wings. The guy who can make the eight winged chicken will solve a lot of our problems.

2 Likes

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because in the year 2022 we are still inexpicatly breeding chickens with feet. Did you know we have to send most of those chicken feet to China because nobody here knows what to do with them? It’s true. You’d think they would just throw them all in McNuggets, but there are still too many. Stop this madness.

They’ve been eating a lot of spicy chicken feet in the k-drama I’m watching. They seem to go great with beer and soju

3 Likes

:vince2:

1 Like

I think they sell chicken feet at the gross stuff section of my Kroger next to the pig knuckles and etc. I’m not brave enough to try them in a recipe.

how the heck do you de-bone chicken feet

6 Likes

5 Likes

I like chicken feet, lol

Tastes fine, but just way too difficult to eat

For dim sum, I kind of suck off all the skin/meat/cartilage and spit out the bone. So, eat everything except the bone.

Enjoying this meme.

https://twitter.com/migold/status/1560262728932921346?s=21&t=RNnssetnIQwKdflkwEDkCg

2 Likes

:queen_not_amused:

we need a best of nextdoor thread. it’s one of those things I can only tolerate in very small doses but feel if properly curated it’s hilarious.

it’s like 10% good local info and 90% extremely dramatic sounding posts like “Enough is ENOUGH” and it’s just like a 1000 word rant from some lady mad because people started walking before the crosswalk light turned on.

in my nicer neighborhood one, you’d think the world was coming to an end over kids on summer break on e-bikes. this is like PEAK nextdoor e-bike rage season.

3 Likes

It’s fascinating how many Boomers on Nextdoor keep track of what vehicles drive through their neighborhood and how often they come by.

2 Likes