2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

It returns random things in my town like my address was a search for a vacuum repair shop or whatever random thing.

It’s annoying because Waze has it, and I thought they used the same stuff. But everyone uses google to verify addresses.

I added an address for my mom once. Took a bit to get approved, maybe a couple of weeks?

1 Like

I think if you just type it often enough into the search engine eventually it will get added to maps.

Oh it’s Friday huh?

1 Like

I hadn’t heard the algo is day specific but who knows?

hilariouspic.jpeg

1 Like

FYP

1 Like

I bought something on eBay and the guy sent it to the wrong place. I sent him a message about it on eBay and he just called my damn cell phone. Man I cannot overstate how much I don’t want that shit to happen. If I wanted human interaction involved in this espresso tamper purchase I’d have gone to a store.

2 Likes

I don’t know man. Kind of seems like a bit of an overreaction.

Don’t get me wrong. I too seek to avoid such things. A lot. However, in this case there is a significant problem, so picking up the phone doesn’t seem that bad.

I guess I see how this would seem like a significant problem to an eBay seller, as he is probably worried I’ll give him a bad review. To me, just refund me or send me another one, there’s nothing to talk about!

Well looks like the joke is on him. He’s about to find out that he called the wrong customer.

I guess I’d need more detail about “he sent it to the wrong place”? I guess if you verified via message that he put the wrong address on the package, then you’re method is fine.

If he thinks he put the correct address on there and it didn’t arrive, then I can understand him calling (not necessary, but I understand).

I looked on eBay and it said the item had been delivered. To Texas. So I sent him a message saying “Hey, maybe you sent me the wrong tracking number, but if not, this went to the wrong place.” Five minutes later I get a call on my cell phone and it’s this guy (I did not pick up) saying “I don’t know how this happened, I somehow got my labels mixed up, please call me to discuss.” No sir I will not be doing that.

How did he get your number? I’ve never seen that information from anybody I’ve sold anything to.

eBay must provide it someplace, I certainly didn’t send it. Paid via PayPal I think.

I don’t think so. I just looked at my most recent sales and I can’t find any phone numbers for anybody.

Can somebody easily find your mobile number with your name and address? Did this random seller just cyberstalk you?

I think he isn’t being unreasonable here. Dude is trying to provide customer service which is something most people want.

On the other hand, your play is fine too. Written communications are preferable when problems arise. So even for non-misanthropes, resolution via email is superior.

Also, contacting buyers outside of the platform is a huge no-no that bigly violates ebay’s terms.

I didn’t know that. In that case, forget what I said.

Is that one way or can buyers also not contact sellers outside platform.

Apparently yes!

Also, contacting buyers outside of the platform is a huge no-no that bigly violates ebay’s terms.

I agree with these terms!

This sounds like an attempted scam. I’d report the seller immediately and demand your money back.

He has 17,522 ratings, 100% positive in the last 12 months. He also just sent me this message:

Somehow eBay printed a label for a previous buyer of that item. I am sending him a label and he is forwarding it to you. I’ll send the tracking

His voicemail also sounded genuine FWIW. I think he’s just a lunkhead.