2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Caffeine and coffee slander itt

4 Likes

Mickey D’s honestly has significantly better coffee than Starbucks.

3 Likes

I have like one or two cups of generic Kroger “Columbian” coffee every morning I’m some kind of coffee scumbag

Folger’s most of the time. Pretty sure that’s bottom rung. I’ve tried Costco Columbian but it tastes kind of funky to me. Sort of moldy? Unpleasant.

Fucking Maxwell house has better coffee than Starbucks.

There was some jacobin article I can’t find that went into why people in Soviet era customer-facing jobs were rude to customers, and basically it’s because they knew they held all the power, as workers. They were like, enlightened communists. So congrats on achieving that

3 Likes

it backfired really bad once or twice, we had this ramp where people disembarked where only autos are supposed to go, but dbag cyclists thought they were above that and would blatantly ignore your pleas as they rode up the ramp.

so, one guy on one of those hand bikes did the same, I asked him to use the pedestrian ramp, ignores me, ask again, ignores me and goes ahead.

I said something like “are you deaf or just stupid” and his friend got really mad and told me he was a paraplegic.

I was like “umm… well, still”

2 Likes

Hmm, a sport for all of us

https://twitter.com/breedmylove/status/1556266526482776070?s=20&t=gJZRA_utk2xvZVJ2Ub7M9g

4 Likes

What if Starbucks, but… on the blockchain

2 Likes

:pitbull1:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Clicking on that link let me to this gem:

1 Like

Not sure if I picked the wrong discipline.

5 Likes

Los Angeles having a normal one

so a “local transient” hung himself AND lit himself on fire… seems like way too much of an overachiever to be listed as a " local transient"

I’m not going to ask why SAGE recommends that paper to you

Just want to assure anyone wondering that YES, Olivia Newton-John is going to get a state funeral.

3 Likes

watching republican voters on twitter attack the fbi and saying they should abolish it is quite something

She deserves it! This is the greatest movie ever made, so good it inspired a brand new yearly film award!

(I remember this being available during free HBO weekends when I was a kid and have seen it more times than I care to admit.)