2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

I feel like it should be possible to engineer some sort of paratha breakfast taco if you just get someone to serve scrambled eggs.

:vince3:

I’m sure you can find a western style breakfast in any major city if you really want one.

Yeaa maybe, but it’d be too dry so you’d need a sauce. It’s much easier in southern India where sauces and chutneys for dipping are a thing.

And you can find English breakfast in any big city or touristy area!

Did you even try the Veg McMuffin or Masala Scrambled Egg at McDonald’s?

Nahh I unfortunately did not go to McDonalds in India!

Kind of want to find out how shakshuka, but with palak paneer instead of tomato sauce, would turn out.

Shahi Paneer I think would be great. Palak paneer, ehhh

How can you turn down the chance to have a Mexican McAloo Tikki or a Chicken Maharaja Mac?

I thought Hong Kong french toast isn’t usually served for breakfast. I suppose I could be wrong about that, tho.

When you can pull a Jerry and Marge

1 Like

I Facetime with my 2-year-old nephew most days, and he has two different sets of toy letters (plastic and foam), and I have yet a different set of foam letters here because he loves letters (and numbers). Today we realized he can call out the colors of all the letters blind in each set (they’re different in all three). I’ll be honest, it kinda freaked me out because he’s seen my letters only several times. Is that a thing you all with kids have experienced?

I’ve gotta go back!

I’m about as negative on the US as one can get, but going to a buffet style hotel breakfast with unlimited eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, is basically peak USA

1 Like

Stopped having breakfast when I was still a teenager and never regretted it. Only time I eat some breakfast is if I am doing a long early hike or if I am in France because those fresh made croissants in the morning are amazing. Last snack in the evening is around 9PM and lunch is sometime between noon and 2PM

2 Likes

The places that I have eaten it at always seemed to be open twenty four hours. I usually ate it around 3:00 am as a late night snack.

I turned off javascript in my browser so I could get around the paywall. I guess that the complaining is actually coming from a Mexican(s) in this article. That is understandable. I love traveling and it does really suck when you see all the boring white people stuff/gentrification that pops up for tourists.

Nutella version is the best, AINEC.

No kids here but I don’t think that’s typical. I have a nephew who maybe could have done it. His parents thought he started learning how to read super early. Turned out he was just really quick to memorize entire [children’s] books that were read to him, which they thought was also cool until he started falling behind in actually learning how to read. As someone who took learning short cuts myself growing up I can see how that ends up short circuiting learning processes so maybe watch out for that.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BenjaminCrew1/status/1552089286048202752?s=20&t=B1ZJI0nx0ta4x9mIgigp9Q

1 Like