2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Team 1 is the only one that sounds like a reasonable breakfast. All the others are multiple meals with sugar bombs.

Here’s team 6, the all-Asian breakfast:
From China: congee/juk, rice porridge
From Vietnam: pho, which they also eat for breakfast
From the Philippines: longganisa. No one picked the general category of sausage.
From Japan: tamagoyaki. I’m going to say this is different enough to not count as a regular omelet.
From, um, everywhere: fried rice

I could also put together a team of:
Eggs benedict, loco moco, bagels, potato pancakes, and…I personally want to go with Spam, but ham probably gets more votes.

Nice!

I’ll add two more:

Eggs w/ Sausage and french baguette

and

Bánh canh (Vietnamese Udon style noodles)

I think the relevant thing to watch is Breakfast: An Illusion of Choice, an episode from The Next Thing You Eat, hosted by Dave Chang.

Wat - this isn’t a draft of 1 complete breakfast with 5 components. It’s a draft of 5 breakfast items you’d get to pick from for any particular breakfast.

This is backwards. You never eat past 8?

If I drafted my own team:

Corn beef hash omelet
Bacon
Toast
Baked beans
Fruit bowl

Maybe I scrap the fruit for one of the Mexican specialties, but it’s nice to have the fruit for light days.

The artistry, tho. I’ve tried making tamagoyaki, fuck me it’s not easy.

Belay that filthy tongue!

1 Like

Oh. Well that completely changes my vote.

Am or pm?

I think the person who drafted Team 1 and everybody voting for it was thinking the same way I was.

1 Like

pm.

I usually have dinner around 5:30. Snack around 8 and then I don’t eat until lunch the next day at 11:30.

1 Like

That interpretation never occurred to me. I’ll admit that would change the rankings quite a bit.

+1

FUCK BREAKFAST

1 Like

Most impotent meal of the day?

1 Like

Haven’t been this proud of America in a long time

USA #3

No breakfast in Europe tilted me so hard

Turkey has the best Asian breakfast in the world.

1 Like