2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Where do I sign up?

I hope he runs again in ‘24. Better than Newsom.

Living in a $3M house in NYC with $100,000k or so disposable income sounds opulent as hell.

Won’t somebody think of the lower upper class?

1 Like

The Dems are thinking of them for sure, they’re thinking of increasing their marginal tax rate to 80% so billionaires don’t have to pay any taxes, and then blaming progressives when the lower upper class bails on them and votes Republican.

Obviously the hypothetical guy is living well but the point is kind of how easy it is to be paycheck to paycheck even making obscene money. It’s shocking how many people live on a budget like that.

https://twitter.com/DannyDutch/status/1547210369780826112

6 Likes

4 Likes

The soccer field I ref at has a river. We don’t lose players due to the 15’ net, but they lose a couple hundred $ a day in balls.

e78c9420538e45e9b9811b4188e50c65

1 Like

I agree but no one is talking about above.

I don’t have a problem with that either, but maybe I’m the weird one.

1 Like

I’m not sure deviant is the right word here.

The people who think it is odd are probably thinking about a specific case where there is no specific business purpose* to be texting the woman (e.g. texting your landlord about something) and the woman is someone your wife doesn’t know.

*It’s not clear whether kid’s birthday party qualifies here. I think it should, but there doesn’t seem to be a consensus on that.

Crazy story:

yeah, this was the inspiration for the “Silent HIll” series of video games (and shitty movie).

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1547686944317968386

5 Likes

Queen knew exactly what she was doing.

1 Like

Maybe the homeowner thread would be better but I just need super basic info that probably a lot of ppl know

Know nothing about gardening. Would like to plant something in my front yard with my 5yo. I’m 100m from beach , 30 miles south of San Diego, so sandy rocky soil and salty mist .

This is west facing so only gets direct sunlight like 130 til sundown. That’s apparently important.

Nothing fancy just some bushes or shrubs. Google says lavender is hearty and grows in bad soil. Maybe something like that too.

Appreciate any suggestions. I’d like to plant in ground and not planter. Nothing over 5ft tall. I can till and derock the land if necessary but I’m not trying to make a big deal of it.

Also kinda interested in a(n) herb garden. I have roof.that gets good sunlight. Just not sure how air will mess things up.

Please move if there’s a better place. Appreciate the responses, I suck at plants. We have A home depot here with decent garden center, and other local nurseries.

Posting soil pics

Since I don’t prescribe meds, I’ve had the time to hear some very good stories.

2 Likes

my guess is you have a local store with knowledgeable staff to help you. most times it’s something other than home depot or lowes, but those aren’t all bad either. i imagine you can grow cactus, citrus, figs, and palms, and possibly very nice peppers. but you will need to work the soil to improve it and figure out watering, check is it’s advised in your part of california. aim for species for which you can collect enough rainwater for the year.

have fun.

2 Likes