2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Coachella stopped being musically relevant about a decade ago. It’s now owned by AEG or whatever group owns Staples Center. Fuck Coachella. That lineup looks some kind of joke.

*Crypto.com Arena

1 Like

Man, the world is dumb.

It’s fake though

My buddy was in Iraq war I. He said they gave everyone some kind of shot to prevent nerve damage from poison gas that fucked him up for a decade. Certain drugs still have zero effect on him, which he thinks is because of the army shot. Funny part is the shot wasn’t designed to save your life, just to keep you fighting longer until you died.

But … this is what it means to be alive.

people like this lighting 3.5 million on fire and yes I know he’ll just get it back easily but this amuses me

Not named Nguyen but I have a similar problem that I deal with the same way. A friend who is named Nguyen corrected me to rhyming it with “when” when we first met. You can’t win them all.

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t stop thinking about this one. What I really should have said was “I see what you did there” obviously.

1 Like

TIL GI Joe has trading cards.

a lot of shit was made in the early 90’s during the collectible boom, there’s desert storm trading cards. Yes, they made trading cards off a war.

not much different than today’s NFT space really out there, it’s similar. Well except I haven’t seen collector plate NFT’s yet.

I tried for the slight n but that got me a distinct frown. I have heard multiple pronunciations from Vietnamese people. Some of that might be trying to adapt to particular ways others butcher it. I try go along with what people want so next time I meet a Nguyen, maybe I’ll just ask.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Beetlepimp/status/1481766805391687680

1 Like
1 Like

I think this is correct, but I’m not sure.

Hey, @JohnnyTruant, you wanna run this one by Mrs. Truant and get back to us.

https://twitter.com/johnschreiber/status/1481770722271760384

Holy crap

2 Likes

Thanks. That is not exactly how I would have described it, but your description sounds like an accurate description of what I hear.

Out of curiosity, are you able to reproduce it yourself? I mean well enough that a Vietnamese person wouldn’t be laughing at your feeble attempt.