2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Am I wrong or didn’t Coachella used to feature a fair number of rock acts? Seems like they are very slim pickens in this lineup

Rock is dead.

Yeah, not sure I can name a rock act with a hit that wasn’t from like 10 years ago

Also, totally missed Run the Jewels was on there Sunday. That’s another big draw.

I think I’m officially old. There’s a fair number of people on the 2nd lines that I’ve never heard of.

1 Like

Jamie XX should also be a big draw even without the rest of the band.

If that’s the definition of old, I’m not sure I was ever young.

Here’s 2010. I’ve heard of everyone from the top two lines and most of the 3rd. And a smattering of others, even some on the last line.

This year I’m all “who the hell is that?”

The only act on that 2022 Coachella poster that I would want to see is 21 Savage

I’ve heard of only 4 of those bands on the top 2 lines, and am so old that I can’t read the acts on the tiny lines.

4 Likes

Is “I haven’t even heard of any of these bands” the new “I don’t even own a TV”?

Probably closer to, “I don’t even have a FB or Twitter account,” which in my case is also true. But I usually don’t mention it due to the backlash!

1 Like

It’s the young people that don’t have the TVs. “I haven’t even heard of any of these bands” is more the new “I have at least three TVs”

1 Like

No, it’s the new “I have to drink a gallon of laxative for my colonoscopy tomorrow”.

1 Like

Sure but look at the rest of the lineups compared to past years. I feel like Harry Styles or Billie Eilish would have been 3rd or 4th on their days in some past years.

Here’s 2017:

I do better on the 3rd line than on the 2nd for that one. Pretty killer top line lineup, obv.

Only one gallon? I had to drink two.

Doctor punked you

1 Like

The one on the right is the one time I’ve been to Coachella in 2002. Tenacious D also played in between Prodigy and Oasis (iirc - I know they played). Maybe they were a last minute addition.

Hope you saw Mars Volta, that would have been sick

1 Like

At a large retail store having my first ever eye exam. Asian gal approaches the 2 pasty white people in their 20s manning the front.

“Can I help you?”
“Yeah I’m here to pick up glasses, last name is” pause “na gu yen”

I laughed and they looked at me and I wisely decided to not say anything more.