2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Fireworks are great fun in reasonable quantities. I don’t know why it’s become a thing to start randomly popping them off all day long for three days straight. People start firing off fireworks well before sundown, I don’t understand the point of that at all. Can we all just dial it back a notch.

Also stop letting your dogs run wild through the neighborhood.

http://adaptershack.com/t/right/i.imgur.com_cpasybx.gif

Nobody is “letting them run wild,” they just get incredibly stressed and will go to great lengths to get away from the noise. Digging under the fence, jumping the fence, destroying the fence, whatever it takes to get out.

1 Like

Shouldn’t a dog owner have more sense than leaving a dog outside alone when fireworks are popping off?

If I thought this way I would never have seen such majesty as this:
:us: :fireworks::us: :fireworks::us: :fireworks: :us:

3 Likes

While we’re at it, enough with the fucking hot dog eating contest.

3 Likes

Fireworks are fucking garbage. EZ ban.

If we don’t have hot dog eating contests what are going to do with all those pig anuses?

Most Americans, including me, don’t need a contest to eat pig anuses.

3 Likes

Fun hating latte drinking libruls itt

(more seriously - having a baby during fireworks time isn’t very fun)

Now you’re just being a killjoy.

America is like a grand social science experiment designed to see how much consequence-free individual liberty you can give to complete assholes before society becomes unlivable. I imagine in most societies there are negative consequences if you set off explosions in your front yard and annoy all your neighbors on a Sunday afternoon but here in the US it’s like of course you can and your neighbors are the real jerks for complaining.

1 Like

It’s the way that hot dog eating contests are strucured that is the problem. Stuffing your face as fast as you can for five minutes? Gross. Especially unseemly for a species ostensively at the top of the food chain; eating fast is a scavengers trick. They should switch formats - how many hot dogs can you eat in a week imo.

1 Like

I like the variation idea, maybe something like a play on Chubby Bunny but with hot dogs and they have to say “Don’t tread on me” or “Freedom ain’t free”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/buddyescobar/status/1543674918923018243

3 Likes

yes, I’m not trying to 100% absolve the dog owners here

anyway, we regret to inform you the phrenologists are at it again

(did not read article, probably has nothing to do with phrenology)

Yeah, if I took my kid in and they didn’t get it measured, it would have been weird. There was even a head circumference growth chart that it got plotted on.

Infants get their head measured every well visit. I’m sure they do in the UK as well. The author is well meaning, but the mission is already completed.

I’m sure they measure the baby. Weight specifically is the super important in that time period and closely followed to see how well baby is feeding.