2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Why not? Seriously, I don’t know. Discounting price. It’s got 800 horsepower. I assume the main reason is that the bed is tiny.

What about the electric Ford F150?

It’s got a ton of very cool work features. For example, having the ability to run any tool without a separate generator is pretty cool. Insane horsepower and some of the best off road ability also. Those are pretty sick work features.

Sure it has a cool factor but I’ve been driving work trucks for decades and I don’t see how this isn’t the best work truck ever made.

What’s it missing?

Of course, this ignores they are having trouble delivering them.

1 Like

It’s only a little smaller than the stock f150 bed.

The bed is a joke, but overall the problem is that it’s just too refined. Work trucks need to be utilitarian and functional. Standard bed length is non-negotiable. You should have a dozen different ladder racks that will fit it off the shelf. Same with tool boxes. There are USB ports in the bed? Oh fuck right off. I’d have them full of mud the first week.

3 Likes

The Lucid one because I assume the N/A by combined fuel economy means it has a perpetual motion machine inside it or something cool like that

2 Likes

The current stock F150 is not really a work truck either, I thought

Haven’t really paid much attention but I thought that was the consensus

It’s almost certain this is a some type of political kickback scheme:
https://mobile.twitter.com/sternlevine/status/1516824713665863685?s=10

It’s not?

A new one will set you back like 40 or 50 grand. I hope it’s a work truck.

I used to pay SO MUCH attention to consumer cars and trucks but I’ve been out of touch for years by those standards. Never heard of Lucid or Rivian until today

Are they subsidiaries of anybody?

I used to read all the snail mail auto magazines cover to cover, listen to Car Talk, help people fix their cars, etc

Now I would really love it if I went the rest of my life never owning another car

Occasionally renting for some trips or whatever. But it seems like the seats of today are designed specifically to fuck with my bad back, no matter how I adjust them. I thought maybe that was just my back getting worse, but I’ve driven a few older cars in the mean time and that doesn’t seem to be the case.

The very expensive custom seat in my assigned Freightliner is honestly a huge employee retention item for me

Not just my back, but it has its own AC duct and fan

It’s definitely not used as a work truck for about 99% of individual buyers. Lifestyle aesthetic accessory for most people. I don’t know about work fleets, are they purchasing the stock base F150s with smallest bed offered?

2 Likes

Agree with this, though I figured (perhaps incorrectly) that you could use them for work as well. Gonna need someone more informed on this than me to confirm or deny.

1 Like

It’s definitely capable as a work truck but it isn’t the go to choice for reasons you stated.

2 Likes

Worst “Choose Your Fighter” ever

Yeah as far as torque and frame I would imagine it’s actually way more solid than you need for most vocational uses. Just most work applications would like a larger bed if possible.

Less confident on frame than torque but it’s been since like 2005 since that I really would know

I haven’t had a drink since October but sometimes I still type like it

1 Like

I saw this one on there and that’s what I’m choosing

The price was 500 DOGE wasn’t it?

This isn’t even a conspiracy theory. It’s “how shit works.”

I’m a contractor. I have used a f-150 for years. It’s really dependent on type of work you are doing. However I would be much better off with a full size truck but I’m just to cheap.

2 Likes