2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Ever since covid I feel like I’ve been gradually increasing my IDGAF scale. Dude was tapping on my window offering me $4 for a ride home from the gas station, about 15 milles away at 3am. Sure why not, hop in. Obv I didn’t take his money. I had 12k or so in my pocket. He was a really nice guy. But sometimes I have to wonder wtf I’m doing.

Increasing my IDGAF scale means IDGAF about being rude or mean when I say no instead of politely ignoring them.

Sorry I meant IDGAF like I’ll give you $10 or whatever or personally drop you off at your home at 3am, just ask. I think I worded that very poorly

It’s amazing that he still thinks he’s famous enough to do that shit and people are just gonna bow to him and give him his way.

Talk about delusional.

I don’t think it’s that. This is how the entire deplorable class lives their lives, actively seeking out opportunities to bully people like this airline worker. This scene plays out hundreds of times a day in American in Olive Gardens and places like that, deplorables love to berate workers.

2 Likes

Well at least his ass is getting ratioed

https://twitter.com/NoSpinNews/status/1516610984676311040

And who’s really to blame according to the article for the epidemic of canceled flights?

Basically, O’Reilly is pissed at JetBlue and is making it the most important news for everyone else. What a fucking egomaniac.

1 Like

He paid $32 million to make one sexual misconduct suit go away. I can’t even imagine what he did. Fox News hosts admit on air to criminal sex stuff!

https://twitter.com/idreesali114/status/1516926035367022592

Holy cow what a picture

1 Like

The last time I gave a stranger a ride (personal vehicle) we got about a half a block before she told me how much she charged for a blowjob, and I had to tell her I misunderstood the situation. Took her back to the spot where I picked her up

2 Likes

Believe me, most of these people feel a lot better about a No than feeling invisible for hours on end when asking for help and not being acknowledged at all

Need details on what she looked like, age, what she was wearing, and price of course.

Nah

WTF - some of us have no life. We need vicarious excitement.

Ignore the prices - Which one are you picking?

Big news for Rod-heads today. Rod Dreher’s wife has filed for divorce.

I recommend reading the article, which is a great example of Rod’s tendency to recast personal struggles as some kind of grandiose Manichean war encompassing the whole universe. I mean he’s illustrated this post with a still from The Passion of the Christ and the article includes this:

It feels like to me that evil has won. I must believe — I must believe — that there will be resurrection.

Like imagine being on a planet of 8 billion people in an incomprehensibly large universe and reacting to your wife filing for divorce with “evil has won”.

Also I vaguely knew Rod was married, but I never thought about the fact that this whole time he has been gallivanting around Europe, having conversations about the Decline of the West with handsome young grad students in Budapest bathhouses, he was just leaving his wife and kids at home. His youngest is still only 16. Doesn’t seem very Benedict Option, honestly, but Rod is the theologian; he’d know better than me.

2 Likes

None of the above. Let me know when there’s a work truck available.

You’re telling me the Hummer isn’t the optimal work truck?

Well, it is good for transporting tools.

3 Likes

That is not a work truck. That is a lifestyle fashion accessory.

2 Likes