2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Ok Grandpa. Did you have to fight off a squadron of Confederates on the way?

3 Likes

Someone just came in, laughed at the line, said we’re crazy not to e-file, and announced to everyone that he pays his accountant $800 and she commits fraud so he always gets a refund.

AMERICA!

(Also I couldn’t efile my state return due to complications this year.)

I’ve had to go to the open late locations before, but always had my returns done first! Lol

Working on my return now. Sure hope the e-file goes through.

I was at some hotel bar where they had deep descriptions of each beer, including Bud Light. The bartender said they had to email the company for the verbiage.

It’s genuinely crazy how well Simpsons/Futurama have aged. Groening is maybe the best political satirist of the last 30 years. We can knock the new Simpsons, but he had a 15 year stretch between Simpsons/Futurama that can’t really be challenged and very, very few jokes/bits aged poorly where a lot of 90s humor aged very badly.

Life in Hell had some great moments too.

1 Like

No beer list with Allagash White on it is a disappointment.

2 Likes

I tried some local brew from their tap selection, but I would’ve been better off with the Allagash

As long as the e-file is transmitted before the deadline, even if the IRS rejects it, you still get 5 more days to postmark a paper copy.

Semi embarrassed to say that I was in Florida a couple of weeks ago with my family (Universal Studios) and one of my favorite meals was at Margaritaville.

2 Likes

Last time I was in Niagara Falls for the WPT there is one and it seems so out of place in Canada. It’s obviously for US tourists, but its so weird.

I was in that bar on the 96th floor of the Hancock Tower a few years ago. Can’t remember the name. Was coming from an open bar event across Mich Ave and had no idea what year it was or what my name was. We’re seated and she brings out the beer list. We ask her to just, uhh, maybe name some beers because we can’t read. She calls out just a few before “Apex Predator,” and we cut her off immediately for a round of them. Probably the only time I can remember that the choice was so immediate and clear to all parties simultaneously based only on the name of the beer. I don’t remember anything after that or if it’s even a real beer that I didn’t imagine, but my recollection was that it was rather good: hoppy while not exceedingly so with hints of coriander, white table grape, and Meyer lemon.

1 Like

I ate at a Margaritaville once in (I think) Dayton, OH. Previously had no idea the chain existed and couldn’t resist something that dumb being in the middle of a suburban sprawl big box store parking lot. The place was almost completely empty and it was surreal and creepy in all the ways I was hoping for, and the food was surprisingly not bad.

Or maybe it was a Cheeseburger in Paradise restaurant? I honestly can’t remember anymore.

My family went to Chicago 3-4 years ago on a summer trip, and one of the things we did was eat at the restaurant at the top of the Hancock Tower. We were seated next to a window, and I spent the entire time with a legitimate fear that someone would fall out. (I have a completely unhealthy fear of heights. When we were in NYC, I was able to be on the Empire State observation deck for about 45 seconds before I had to go back inside).

On a clear and cloudless day, you can see Russia from that restaurant.

Update: First attempt failed. 70 minutes to go. I did see the note the deadline isn’t hard.

3rd attempt submitted. I will have enough time to get a result, but not enough to resubmit. State also submitted.

Noooooo

RIP Iron