2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

7 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1515528668227018752

mask free plane?

I got to hear Ralph Stanley sing live once when in lived in Virginia. He did an acapella O Death, phenomenal experience.

Well I just went down a 3 hour rabbit hole of this “Day in the Life of a Japanese x” series.

3 Likes

5 Likes

“show hole” OMG

The Onion’s political cartoon guy is on a roll.

I do believe that is Lindsay Graham on the bottom.

1 Like
1 Like

Infowars says in the filing that it has assets of $0 to $50,000 and liabilities of $1,000,001 to $10 million.

Can anyone explain to me how the assets part of this makes sense? There’s probably more than 50 thousand dollars worth of equipment just in the studio. Is this some shell company stuff that will get sorted out?

I assume there is some creative accounting going on to shield his assets against the ongoing civil litigation.

Or, like all good Americans, Jones blows through everything he earns and has a ton of debt.

2 Likes

He certainly doesn’t have a vibe that makes me think “well there’s a fellow who certainly has all his personal finances tied up in a neat little bow”. A characteristic of the grifter class is that they just borrow a shit load of money because their grifter instincts see bankruptcy and default as an opportunity, not a risk.

Is this the kind of thing where they can garnish Jones’ future earnings?

This is not enough information on the provenance of my Bud Light.

1 Like

Fancy!

Needs more tasting notes. A light touch of hops and a delicate hint of canine anal glands. That’s good brewing!

Standing in line at the post office 15 minutes before they close and there’s a guy here in line literally filling out his 1040. Amazing.

3 Likes

Lol this is literally a Simpsons joke from 20 years ago.

6 Likes

When I was a grad student, I had to take the train to the city’s main post office that stayed open until midnight in order to get my return postmarked on time.

2 Likes