2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

speaking of soccer, fun soccer story here in SoCal this week. The US Open Cup is going on, and it has the weird distinction of allowing ANY side that’s affiliated with US Soccer to play. So college, semi-pros, and pros all get thrown in the pools to play each other.

Anyway, San Diego Loyal is the USL Championship side here, owned and managed by Landon Donovan. In the third round they got drawn to play…the LA Galaxy, Landon Donovan’s old MLS home.

So I’m going up on Tuesday for the match and to watch San Diego get stomped. I don’t think it will be too bad. We’re leading the western division of the USL championship and have had a great start to the season. But it will be fun either way.

Northwest Arkansas apparently means Fayetteville.

Also lol @ no places in PA in the top 60. Even worse is Scranton at 110th. Scranton is a shithole lol

I think NW Arkansas also includes Bentonville (home of Walmart corporate HQ).

I’m referring to the US News and World Report. Ad says NW Arksansas when the article says Fayetteville

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/rankings/best-places-to-live

1 Like

NW Arkansas is a pretty amazing place to live.

Click through on Fayetteville https://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville and it looks like it is referring to the Northwest Arkansas MSA based on this opening:

Located in a region experiencing drastic growth, Fayetteville – together with Bentonville, Rogers and Springdale – has transformed from a small town to a center of higher education, culture, commerce and entrepreneurialism. The area known as Northwest Arkansas…

1 Like

What makes it amazing? I really only know about Razorbacks, tornadoes, and the Ozarks.

It is funny that it popped up in my feed as one of my best friend’s just moved to Springfield, MO a year or two ago.k

FYI, the Hard Dews really aren’t good, even by flavored malt beverage standards.

Full circle for Mountain Dew!

4 Likes

It’s also a metaphor for sex sometimes.

2 Likes

The days when I was comfortable living in one of the good parts of a bad state are long gone. The upsides are limited and the potential downsides are huge. I want a sane state government to have my back if (when) the national one goes to shit, rather than being stuck in a minority enclave surrounded by hostile territory.

I don’t know what you’re worried about. You can just head to Canada when the shit hits the fan. Most people don’t have that option.

I will be (and have been) increasing the amount of time I spend in Canada well before shit hits the fan.

Nashville cats play clean as country water,
Nashville cats play wild as mountain dew

rare occasion where the cover is better than the original

1 Like

anyway, if I meet the guy who created this website, I WILL KICK HIS ASS

2 Likes

Happy Easter, all. Watching the ten commandments with the kids in an attempt to enjoy life as it was before the internet.

3 Likes

Hard to watch that without constantly thinking about what a putz Charlton Heston is.

I’ve always been a fan of Yul Brynner if you couldn’t tell.

4 Likes

I actually had no idea who that was in your avatar.

What the Gods can digest will not sour in the belly of a slave!