2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

Dazzling white clothes being a symbol of righteousness is a Biblical concept that predates white being a race.

1 Like

Did you a favor, imo.

Crawfish may not be the nut low food, but they are down there. The effort to enjoyment ratio of consuming them is too high. Maybe I’ve just had a bad experiences. Every one I’ve been to has me thinking “Why do people like these so much?”

2 Likes

I dunno these things are religious experiences in Cajun land. I’m pretty allergic to lobster so I never had any, but the boils were super fun

Just go out to the local creek and catch some native ones.

Don’t know if you can eat them, but it was a fun pastime when I was a kid in Ohio

I think the social aspect was fun. When actually eating crawfish, I’d be wishing I could have just about anything else. I did like the corn, though. Always filled up on that.

I’m well aware but we live in a world where Christianity is openly racist and a building full of rich white people singing thanks for making me white isn’t countered by historical nuance zero percent of the congregation would be able to articulate.

fyp

People of color are the most religious demographic in this country.

I can basically guarantee that everyone there is thinking about the Biblical allusion and not about race, because they don’t bother thinking about race.

1 Like

Blasphemy. Aside from the spicy deliciousness of the crawfish, getting everyone together and devouring pounds of crawfish, potatoes, and kegs of cold beer by a lake/pool is a top 3 get together.

Bolded is the only good part. Just replace crawfish with barbecue and it’s a massive upgrade. Who turns down good barbecue to go to a crawfish boil?

You also can’t chain your alligator to a fire hydrant in Florida, or throw pickle juice on a trolley in Rhode Island. At least according to Spy magazine circa mid-90s.

2 Likes

If only we could drink beer in our underwear in Arkansas.

When that changes,I will let you guys know so the UP mass migration can begin.

The process to lure people to Arkansas has already begun, according to some ads…

Lol “You might be surprised”. I guess, “Far less racist hillbillies than you’d expect” was rejected.

Also can’t use evil google. But evil Microsoft ok.

1 Like

far fewer racist hillbillies

Isn’t this like the @ChrisV batsignal?

We’re trying to turn off the coastal elites, not attract them with proper grammar.

Lol soccer

https://twitter.com/aubadepre/status/1515762634590720004?s=21&t=XXNvSp2xaSL7AZAV7PCcWg

6 Likes