2022 LC Thread—New Year, New Thread

I wonder how many people’s initial reaction upon hearing that Walmart is paying truckers six figures is “time to ask for a raise”… seems like we might be at risk of a vicious inflation/wage cycle of higher prices/demand of higher wages rinse/repeat.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1515480850338562048

4 Likes

How’d he get his guitar in as a carry-on? That’d be too big.

Gotta be a private plane for the entire ministry or something

I have seen people book a seat for their instruments. Not to play them on board though, I assumed they were musicians who didn’t want to risk to check them in.

My brother is visiting old friends who happen to be super religious so out of respect he went to church today. This is the song the whole congregation sung loud and proud. This is a “standard upper middle class church “

America is a true dystopian hellscape.

https://www.charitygayle.com/thank-you-jesus-for-the-blood-lyrics

The chorus is especially “interesting”.

Thank You Jesus, for the blood applied

Thank You Jesus, it has washed me white

Thank You Jesus, You have saved my life

Brought me from the darkness into glorious light

3 Likes

if they did that and the pastor never got political I’d be a lot happier than the other way around. Politicized church is a massive massive problem in this country.

The sermons at the church that we nearly never attend aren’t exactly politicized, but they often have very progressive messages. So much so that some Fox News watching derper would probably hear it and think it was politicized. But when I hear it, I think that it’s the kind of stuff Jesus would have supported.

1 Like

Tax-exempt status for churches is basically a bribe so that churches are less politicized than they could be.

My parents’ church in Overland Park, KS is like that. Surprisingly progressive. My aunts’ church OTOH worships Trump only second to Jesus.

Would they do gay marriages? That’s my standard for progressive church.

1 Like

You sure they are in that order?

I believe they do.

It’s all gross but the thanks for making me white line is surreal.

That isn’t what it means.

Sure on the surface they would argue it’s white=good and pure but just lol it’s the most thinly veiled dog whistle ever.

It’s an extension of the idea of being born in sin. It isn’t even close to an obvious dog whistle.

I know you have great knowledge of human beings.

Just feels like there is this algorithm of angst in internet forums nowadays where everyone is picking the worst example of everything and basing their ideas on that.

It baffles me since Progressives and Christians have so much in common.

Fun fact: You can’t legally ship live crawfish to the state of Michigan.

Or else what?

It put a damper on my plans of having a crawfish boil at the airbnb we rented in a few weeks.

I mean I’m sure the punishment isn’t anything but online retailers just won’t ship it.