2021 College Football Gameday Thread

Here’s a dumb question, but why does Alabama have such a massive recruiting edge?

Don’t these kids realize they’ve got to live in Alabama for 4 yrs give or take? USC should destroy Alabama in recruiting.

Bama isn’t that Bama this year. They aren’t a deathstar. They’re a team that lost to TAMU, should have lost to Auburn, damn near lost to Florida and LSU.

And it’s just not the result either. Lots of good teams will lose to Bama. It’s how the game went down. Bama did not play very well, but they could just lean on Cincinnati until Cincinnati broke. Cincinnati was barely a threat to score the entire game.

everyone goes straight to the NFL at bama.

Harder to get noticed out west, there’s one scout for the whole damn area. Tyler Huntley was first team pac 12 QB over Herbert and didn’t get drafted. not sure how the hell that happened.

You can’t pretend like I’m using one game when I’ve used two previous on top of that. The American is nowhere near the B1G and SEC based on seasons of data. Depending on how you account for the bottom of conferences, it’s behind the big 12 and pac 12. I would have loved to see Cincinnati get the bottom of their schedule moved up by being in the PAC12 or BIG12 (and we’ll see it too!).

You previously said previous season games are irrelevant, which is it?

I didn’t? I said bowl games are irrelevant. Last season is irrelevant in what should be rewarded for this year, but taking it into account increases predictive value.

Was that true pre-Saban?

Why? Seem exploitable. One NFL team just needs to put a few more scouts out there and they’ll scoop up all the sleepers.

1 Like

No. One of the Bama guys know their history more than me.

But $$$ (on coaches, facilities and players) and history matters, and people in Bama/Georgia/Lousiana/Texas really fucking care about football.

Sure. But even Texas is inexplicable. How does Bama have a recruiting edge over Texas. They care about football just as much, Texas has at least as much money, and it’s in Austin. It amazing that Alabama could be considered more desirable than that.

Because of Bama’s recent history and Texas not having their house in order. Most notably, forcing their players to do stuff like sing the racist eyes of Texas or whatever that I’ve been working on the railroad song is.

Capita one capital one capital one fuck off

1 Like

that Kirby interview makes it seem like they’re going to do a lot of 1v1 on the edge

Harbaugh is just him being weird af

biggest key for this game I can think of is our DTs. They’re not great and I’m worried about them holding up.

Not great!

1 Like

uhhh might want to guard him?

Yikes

They are though. The results you listed are why I say they’ve been so embarrassing this year. They have the best player on the field at every position against almost every team in the country. The ones where it’s not every position on the field, the other team has a better player at one or two positions.

seems like they’re a little too pumped

lol run a flea flicker every drive

well, can’t wait for 4th and 2.

1 Like