2020 New Hampshire Democratic primary Thread * 1st past the post wins...

https://twitter.com/JasJWright/status/1144657773759799297?s=19

2 Likes

I was a little confused why there were kids in cages in NH and then I realized that is an old tweet. Pete disn’t need to go look. McKinsey was a consultant on the cages and so Pete had probably already seen plenty of stuff like that before.

3 Likes

RE: PredictIt talk, it doesn’t seem like there is a clear mandate emerging. * At the moment my post proposing no PI talk has 6 hearts and there are about an equal number of people who have posted that they want PI talk or don’t mind it.

So I’ll limber up my scrolling finger but I would request some restraint be exercised… It got a little nuts in the Iowa thread, especially alongside the back and forth slapfighting about the riggage.

* I’m a little surprised, given the precedent of the Sporting Events forum back on 2p2, where sports betting and fantasy stuff was mostly kept out of the main threads. New place, new norms I guess.

1 Like

Fuck Chuck.

1 Like

Agreed… :beers:

Final tally for visits to my house: Warren 4, Pete 1, everyone else 0.

I’m a little disappointed in the Sanders campaign, but still going to feel the Bern tomorrow.

Pretty surprised. Was reading a post from a sanders volunteer in NH and they said they’re knocking on twice as many doors in NH.

Wonder what kinda data goes into whether or not they knock on your door.

Kinda funny – we have a phone number associated with our cable package but no phone plugged into the router. The call screening still come up on our TV. A couple of minutes after my post we had an incoming call from “Bernie Sanders”.

I wonder what goes into the data to suggest visiting the same house 4 times?

2 Likes

You better talk to that man through your TV!

Jbro, have you donated to Bernie or signed up to any Bernie lists or anything? Any way they’d have your address?

Obviously no point canvassing people who are already on the Bern train.

I’m guessing they use data from the miniVAN app which is used for canvassing. On the app you get a list downloaded (I got the list number at the campaign office where we went to canvass) with addresses and you put in what happened at each address, whether the person was home or not and what happened. I didn’t visit 3 houses on my list but I didn’t put anything on them

I am still 100% in favor of firing Chuck Todd.

2 Likes

No. Last cycle I voted for the dawg and this time planned to vote for Warren all along and donated to her.

I personally enjoy railing you filthy degens as you burn each other’s money.

I don’t know enough to bet on the outcome itself, but I propose we also allow bets on the bettors. It’s not a real bet, but it’s for real money, so let’s say it’s synthetic. A synthetic sports bet. Impossible to distinguish from the original and just as good. Sometimes even better!

Of course there are some people ITT I wouldn’t bet more than a nickel on. It’s not even that they’re bad, but they’re definitely unlucky. But if you put a bunch of unlucky people together, well they can’t all get unlucky at the same time, right? Group them together into a Collateralized Degenerates Organization (CDO). So now these C-grade degens are A-grade CDOs, and I think we can all agree that’s a betting man’s wet dream.

What I’m saying is that you’re all part of an untapped financial market with very little downside and unlimited potential.

3 Likes

Bernie rally on twitch

3 Likes

it’s all over now

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1227049252091826178

1 Like

I can answer this question!

The way it works is the organizer or data person goes into VAN and pulls lists based on location, party registration, how reliable of a voter you are, if you’ve been contacted before, and any number of other criteria. Then they “cut turf” which is a grouping of 50-75 doors per turf. Each canvasser team covers a turf.

In the MiniVAN app, you can mark any number of ways the person wasn’t available (not home, moved, inaccessible, deceased, hostile, refused, etc). If they are home, you collect whatever data the campaign asks for on that particular canvass (usually 1st choice, top 3, volunteer?, etc)

The reason you might have gotten canvassed 4 times is the Warren team didn’t filter the lists properly so that you wouldn’t be repeated. If you weren’t home or answered undecided on the first canvass, they will come back, but if you told them Bernie was your first choice, they should have recorded that and taken you off their next list.

It’s a waste of time to re-canvass people who have told you they are voting for someone else. Makes me wonder about their organization. Did you commit to vote for Bernie on a phone call or text from their campaign? If so, it was probably entered into VAN and filtered out when they pulled a canvass lists.

2 Likes

Warren campaign came 4 times. Bernie zero.

I told Warren campaign first 2x that she was my first choice. 3rd and 4th visit I told them I was likely going to have to vote for Bernie due to current polls.

I told Pete campaign, lollzlolololll

2 Likes

Lol, they should have stopped canvassing you after the first time you said Warren was your first choice.

If her campaign really is running out of money, this is part of the reason why. Highly inefficient.

2 Likes

Did you tell them who your first choice was?

All this repeat canvassing is driving me bonkers! Efficiency matters! Maybe they ran out of houses to canvass and just decided to do it again? God dammit I wish I had that problem in a county that contains more people than Iowa and NH combined.

eye twitch

1 Like