2020 New Hampshire Democratic primary Thread * 1st past the post wins...

Any signs of KLOBmentum?

2 Likes

I like following PI to get a sense of how the race is going. Itā€™s fascinating to me to watch how the %s move as entrance polls come out / etc.

3 Likes

Reporting on how worthlessly wrong some of its markets are here explicitly adds value hereā€¦

But seriously what I mean is that on nights some of us are basically live betting (election nights and debate nights) itā€™s hard to follow one thread let alone multipleā€¦ On election nights there arenā€™t many places you can get key info faster than our live thread, so itā€™s helpful to me if some PI discussion is tolerated in the same place so I can follow one thread and get all the info and have all the discussion in one place.

1 Like

@wheatrich @Riverman @anon38180840 are the main bettorsā€¦ I donā€™t mind either way tbh, but wheatrich sure was sweating a bet I started to feel for him and got the bug to maybe have a dashā€¦

And tbf that was under unusual circumstances, if its keeped to a minimum and only happens on the night, then thatā€™s cool with me. :v:

1 Like

Cool, cause I feel like thereā€™s a ton of overlap since the people betting are going to be discussing whoā€™s likely to win and how likely they are to win. Or, even just to share our positions once weā€™ve taken them, which is the same as saying, I think Bernie has a > X% chance.

I would like the thread to accommodate everyone, I realise that your a sort of professional bettor and donā€™t want you or anyone else to lose a point or 2 because threadsā€¦

On the other hand gambling is not for everyone, so Iā€™m hoping that thereā€™s no dramas that cause massive derails and everyone gets Paid. :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah I make like > 99% of my gambling money off of poker, but PredictIt could be a not insignificant source of money in 2020!

1 Like

100 billion to Bethlehem seems extreme. They would all be billionaires.

1 Like

I donā€™t use PredictIt but love the back forth with it in the threadā€“thatā€™s part of the fun of these threads imo

5 Likes

Before or after rounding?

Looking forward to the Apple Tool Store.

Also donā€™t really care what predict it says but the discussions donā€™t bother me.

Maybe all pi discussions should be in pink. :star_struck:

https://twitter.com/ositanwanevu/status/1226949696746409986?s=21

How about some optimism you lil shit.

Bernie gonna crush.

3 Likes
1 Like

they mad:

https://twitter.com/organizingpower/status/1226996325214040064?s=21

1 Like

speaking as someone who has been harassed by Bernie supporters on twitterā€¦that is really gross and Chuck Todd should be catapulted into the sun.

10 Likes

They can just skip to firing him. That would be fine with me.

2 Likes

Firing isnā€™t far enough

Heā€™s quoting Jonathan Last in The Bulwark. You can discuss whether they should have repeated the quote, but itā€™s not like Chuck Todd was saying it himself.

1 Like

It dawned on me today that I am going to have to pick a new avatar soon. I mean itā€™s a minor sacrifice to make for the cause but still.

1 Like