YouTube call out (avoid the comment section!)

There must be a jank spot on those balls where you don’t fit.

Too bad I’m not a gamer.

I’ve spent hours watching these 2 channels lately and I barely play these games and mario maker not at all.

2 Likes

LOL, I’ve been watching Let’s Plays recently…mostly as background noise while working. I have been gravitating toward GenZ streamers/Youtubers playing older RPGs that I’ve played 235732967 times…mainly because I want to live vicariously through them seeing the amazing stuff for the first time.

Most of the younger generations are young enough that even the big reveals are unknown to them and it’s easy to avoid spoilers for these older games now, so it’s like reliving that feeling of seeing it for the first time.

1 Like

I love it. Feel free to post a link or two.

I’ve been watching a bunch of ryukahr videos of him crushing insanely difficult levels in Mario Maker.

We talking FFVI/Chrono Trigger era?

I got started with this because a lot of younger creators did Let’s Plays for Mass Effect when legendary edition came out, and I loved seeing the games through fresh eyes. Then I got curious…

and now I am currently watching some KOTOR ones. I find these interesting because there are actually people who have literally no idea about what has become basically the biggest twist/reveal ever in gaming, and I find it fascinating that gaming content creators have never run across it before.

Might watch Morrowind or BG2 next, not sure.

1 Like

I’ve been gaming for a long time and have no idea what you’re referencing with KOTOR, not a RPG player though. I do have the game on Steam but I never installed it.

It stands for Knights of the Old Republic, an old Xbox Star Wars game from Bioware

Speaking of old RPGs, AVGN just dropped an ep on FFVI

2 Likes

yeah I know the game I’m saying I don’t know what the twist is that sky was referring too

2 Likes

It would help if I read the entire post you made. Sorry bout that.

The way the game was written, KOTOR’s twist is basically a perfect example of how to do it right.

Some of the behind the scenes stuff and interviews with the game’s writers show just how dedicated the game design was toward making it nearly a perfect literary example of a plot twist, which is why it works.

If you aren’t an RPG player, then I can see why the game wouldn’t appeal. I personally prefer story and characters above all else in games, which is why KOTOR hit so hard.

Here’s a good video explanation of why the twist works so well and why it’s become legendary. However, there is, of course, the massive spoiler of the twist itself, so don’t watch if you don’t want to be spoiled. But if you already know what it is, this video is pretty fascinating and I actually learned something about writing and the narrative process.

1 Like

Mostly documentaries and science stuff.

2 Likes

Pretty crazy, my son showed me this today. An OG leaving the platform

1 Like

There have been a lot of these showing up in my feed. Burnout is probably a pretty real thing with the schedule these content creators have to keep. Add that to being able to generate 5 figures a week for a long time probably means they should have a big enough nest egg to not need to do anything for a while.

Yeah, a couple guys my kids used to watch religiously either hung up their cleats or announced they were dialing it back in the last couple years. A couple of note are Dan TDM and Stampy Longnose (Minecraft YouTubers). People get older and want to spend time with family and pursue other things.

1 Like

Would be interesting to see how much off camera work is done by different minecraft streamers. I imagine it could range quite a lot from poster to poster.

Only 6 minutes in, and it’s already great

1 Like

This guy has A+ top tier videos. Been a huge fan ever since he tore Suicide Squad into a million pieces.