YouTube call out (avoid the comment section!)

I’ve been getting into YouTube more than even tv or movies and thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can recommend good channels.

Here are the ones I watch regularly.

New one but a breath of fresh air in this horrible year.

Van life

Cooking

Movies

Random

4 Likes

some of my favorite ones (i mean they are very well known too). FirstWeFeast is where Hot Ones is aired, i don’t follow their other content as much.

Hoffmann is a coffee guru who is also ridiculously good at making youtube videos. I don’t even care that much about coffee and i watch every video he puts out.

Jomboy is the funniest sport media person out there.

3 Likes

Sabo the dog and me “moved” to Belen after the CFP playoffs in January. Except for a couple of weeks in Peoria AZ during the aborted spring training, we stayed in Belen until late July when MLB started. Sabo has always liked trains, and watching them role by can be very calming… it really helped us cope with the pandemic lockdown.

I’ve promised to take him to Belen NM for real when things get back to normal.

2 Likes

Music (mostly indie) over old/obscure movie clips.

Book Reviews. Mainly obscure/difficult books. (Booktube nerdery)

+1 for Contrapoints

2 Likes

Strength and Fitness:

Music Reviews:

1 Like

Ahhh, Belen.

There is one drop zone in the entire state of New Mexico, and it’s in Belen. That place was my weekend home for the 4 years I lived in ABQ. The airport is on the other side of the freeway from the trains, up on a mesa.

1 Like

No-nonsense food reviews:

Gorgeous cooking videos:

Film insights:

1 Like

I don’t have a list as such but have found myself on this channel quite often

2 Likes
1 Like

React YouTubers are WOAT

Starting Strength is a really good program but I don’t love their channel. The content is too centered on Rippetoe’s cult of personality and has a lot of smug screeds about how other programs suck an SS is perfect. I use fitness as a reliable source of fun and positivity so listening to Rip complain about Crossfit and ridicule people sending in questions doesn’t do it for me.

On the other hand I love these guys, they’re a lot of laughs and provide decent advice.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Mark Rober is a fantastic channel. His video on Squirrels completing obstacle courses is great.

I wish he posted more, but news dude Cody is a great watch when he does.

For daily harmless fluff

For the latest Hearthstone meta

For GTA V Speedruns and challenges (One hit KO, Pacifist percent, Chaos Mod)

For Mario Maker and Fall Guys

For fun horror movie content

For debate and commentary on RWNJs

For feminist lit and pop culture review from a female perspective

1 Like

Politics/news/commentary

Duker Unstuck!!

Nomadic life

I’ve viewed and liked some of the Buff Dudes.

I definitely have some issues with Rippetoe, though he’s smarter than he sometimes seems. I have zero issues with Jonathon Sullivan, MD, PhD who often leads SS science and literature review discussions and has a small youtube channel under Greysteel (his gym in MI). He’s excellent.

As far as SS, it’s a necessary corrective to a lot of BS. I’m doing 1 hr full body dumbells 3x a week and can’t find better content than from SS, even though it’s quite different from their program.

Now defunct channel but she’s still the queen as far as I’m concerned. Mostly innocuous comedy sketches that appeal to ~0 people here.