YouTube call out (avoid the comment section!)

Hits and misses from Youtube’s algorithm…

These were both recommended off the Belen NM railcam. Which is close to looking out the window live and seeing the railyard. Just trains, no dialog. A “hit” was the PHX Sub Railfan youtube channel (above). It has excellent long-form rail photography from the southwest US. Not live, and not all from the same location… but also just trains no dialog.

A “miss” is NSFW The Track: Figueroa Street NSFW Youtube channel, which features short videos of street prostitution on Figueroa Street LA, with a voice over that argues sex work should be legalized.

If you like long form YouTube, here’s one of the longest

Yo I’ve been watching Grand Poo Bear for years. Did you watch any of the Grand Poo World 3 stuff the last couple weeks?

Well duh. I was watching him try the tower of pain today (whatever its called where you have to clear 81 screens in a row)

Its fucking crazy. Wish I was good enough at SMW to play

2 Likes

Hbomberguy did the “Who are you gonna sell it to Ben, fucking Aquaman?” Clip, right?

Correct

Subscribing to the POObear.

I just finished a run through SMW. But there is no effing way I will be able to complete the Special World, so I turned to this channel for a quick run through of all the bonus levels.

Then I found it kind of meditative to watch him so a simple speed run of SMW so as to relive the game through a different player’s eyes. This guy is good but just bad enough for me to feel like I relate to how he plays.

Ryu is awesome. Hes incredibly chill and so good at all things Mario.

1 Like

Always nice to find a fellow fan of game stuff. You said it, Ryu is super chill

Oh yeah, im an old school Lets Play watcher. Speedrun.com and Something Awful lets play forums

1 Like

A Ryu Mario Maker stream just randomly showed up on my YouTube suggestions like 6 years ago, which then led to me watching Poo and Barb. Thanks Algorithm!

CanadaMatt, funny you say that, I just ordered a snes controller for PC yesterday which should arrive by the weekend. I’m taking the plunge into Mario Rom Hacks. Wish me luck

2 Likes

Bro I was watching yesterday and he died on Room 69, it was heartbreaking lol

He made it to 78 at one point and died on 79.

Omfg

Wonderful. Do you have any on your list yet? I have played a fair share of Mario ROM hacks. If you want one that’s a perfect sequel to Mario World, I cannot more highly recommend Return to Dinosaur Island.

1 Like

Good luck, sounds like fun

1 Like

Special world really isn’t that bad. Don’t get me wrong it is challenging, but definitely doable.

1 Like

Barb had a video of where to begin with some good recommendations

And Poo had a nice video of 5 games to play when you want to get into Kaizo, which is my goal, as those games interest me a lot. Kaizo hacks have been wild these last 4 years or so.

Risky, do you use an emulator? Do you have any tips or recommendations?

1 Like

Maybe for you! :grin:

I used ZSnes but have not played with it in a while. Maybe a year or two. My main games were Super Mario World and Link to the Past, which are now on my Switch.

Emulator stuff used to be all over the place, but Nintendo started cracking down once the Switch got an emulator.

1 Like