Your Favorite Posters

Let’s get your post to 14 likes

1 Like

There are a lot of posters here who provide great content and who make me think about things differently. But I want to emphasize that I get the most value out of the site for the reason @anon46587892 indicated.

So I have really appreciated reading posts from people like @jmakin and @JohnnyTruant and a bunch of other people who share some of the details of their lives. It makes me feel like I actually know some of you, and makes me hope for an UP get together at some point, even if that would be one of the most awkward events of all time, and probably end up in fisticuffs.

3 Likes

@riskyflush for the reasons everyone has said. Music, TV, and movie taste. He doesn’t take himself too seriously. He starts discussions when he’s got good knowledge and seems to be a really good dude overall.

1 Like

Oh! One more before bed. To everyone in the WAAF crew, you helped me through the very worst of the last two years. We may all have been fucked and on edge, but it helped knowing there were others that were going through the same despair I was at times.

2 Likes

64 likes for this joke and no one nominates me?

7 Likes

There was this guy that posted the pic of Trump looking at the eclipse and got somethin crazy like 64 likes on it but I can’t remember his name so…shrug

I’m reluctant to name names but I just wanted to call out that I appreciate the role everyone plays in this forum, because I see it kinda like an ecosystem.

• Some post short, almost commentary that keeps threads moving.
  • Some post more detailed analytical pieces that add a depth of information.
  • Some post sarcasm or memes that adds levity.
  • Some post links to high quality information that helps aggregate and spur on more discussion and analysis.
  • Some post more unique takes that might often get disagreed with, but still help people look at different perspectives.
  • Some are able to succinctly summarize entire topics.
  • Some don’t even post at all themselves, but their sprinkling of likes helps encourage more participation.
  • Some are complete pricks, but at least you make everyone else look good…

So as lame as it might sound, thanks to everyone no matter how you choose to participate. We’re all playing a role that makes the community what it is, whether you get a specific callout in threads like this or not.

*Sorry if this isn’t necessarily in the spirit of the thread. I think its cool seeing people getting named and appreciated. Just wanted to share a view I have thats more indirect.

33 Likes

@BestOf

5 Likes

This is fantastic. Bravo.

@BestOf

4 Likes

@Riverman easily #1 on my list ainec

By hearts given metric:

@Riverman
@beetlejuice
@suzzer99
@JohnnyTruant
@Trolly
@6ix

This overweights threads I read and people who post more frequently, so it won’t include, e.g., rare art-posters like @EmpireMan. I don’t dislike anyone here though which I feel is far more important. Go to any other politics forum online or IRL and quickly realize how much you take for granted discussion that’s sharp and in good faith.

11 Likes

6ix is cool, we used to hate each other, until we all bonded in discord over the election stress. God that was very stressful.

3 Likes

I vaguely remember a thread in NVG years ago where a poster genuinely thought that “racist” meant the same as “discriminatory” and chose that as a hill to die on. I can’t remember the subject of the thread, but let’s say for demonstrative purposes it was prejudice against disabled people, and this poster insisted that by his definition, it was “racist”.

racism against pit bulls is as bad a racism against black people

lol i really hate this take. I hope we never have that discussion on here.

There’s no way on earth he’d have meant the first.

1 Like

This seems to be a pretty common feeling here and even the people who dislike others tend to have one or two specific adversaries and otherwise generally get along. A basically dead forum that has ~15 active users I’m part of you need a chart to keep track of who hates who and why so it’s impressive to see a group of 200+ (mostly) keep things friendly.

2 Likes

Pitbull is the greatest entertainer of our era, and he should be allowed to breed.

6 Likes

Pitbull and Sean Paul are the biggest creative geniuses of our time.

1 Like

pitbull yeah

7 Likes

Think Ins0 is searching this thread?

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m the first to mention @DodgerIrish

4 Likes