Worst Christmas Songs of All Time DRAFT

Anyone else think this would play? I am inspired by my ride home from Thanksgiving with the in laws and FIL’s radio tuned not just to 100 percent Christmas already, it was 100 percent country Christmas music. Obviously country does not have a monopoly on bad Christmas songs, and we all have our own peeves. I do mean all time, by the way. If you have a hate boner for a Medieval chant about Christmas, it’s draftable.

It would seem clear that multiple songs from the same artist should be draftable, but only a single recording of a single song. Picking loathsome recordings of otherwise beloved songs is well within what I have in mind and should be encouraged. It’s about what pisses you off when it comes on in a store, a commercial, your SO’s playlist, the radio, etc., and about discovering what abominations we have been lucky enough to have avoid cursing our ears so far. I am thinking 4-6 rounds, depending on interest.

3 Likes

Sure why not?

1 Like

I’d probably participate if this happened.

1 Like

I think there’s one clearcut winner, but I’m mainly following so I can get super pissed when someone drafts one of my personal favorites.

1 Like

In before “They’re all winners!” But seriously, I’m in.

1 Like

Not sure I will be nominating. But in to participate.

Can we convince you to participate? I think we’ll be set to go with 6.

Sure. In.

1 Like

OK cool. Last chance for anyone else to join. I’ll rand the order tonight

This is gonna be interesting because there are a ton of really bad Xmas songs, but most of them are obscure deep cuts that rarely get played.

Want in?

Would prefer not to because I already looked into it and realized my opinions aren’t strong enough to just autopick songs, and then I’d end up doing a bunch of work. That means listening to a lot of bad songs and meh.

1 Like

Alright, we got

1. @MrWookie
  2. @superuberbob
  3. @eyebooger
  4. @chupacabre
  5. @Rugby
  6. @spidercrab

I think there’s enough depth in this draft for 6 rounds with 6 people. We’ll use discobot to randomize, but since it doesn’t have a proper list randomizer afaict, we’ll roll d6es until our numbers in the above list get rolled (or 5 of them, really).

@discobot roll 18d6

1 Like

:game_die: 5, 4, 3, 3, 6, 2, 3, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 4, 1, 2

Alright, draft order is set:

1. @Rugby
  2. @chupacabre
  3. @eyebooger
  4. @spidercrab
  5. @superuberbob
  6. @MrWookie

Snake draft. We’ll use a 6 hour clock (unless there’s substantial desire for something else) starting at 6 am PST tomorrow (not ticking 12 am PST to 6 am PST), so @Rugby has about 16 hrs to open our picks.

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

I was planning to just join in the banter. But okay.

How exactly does this work?

If I’m understanding it wrong let me know.

Here to nominate

I know it’s a product of it’s time, but judged by today’s standards… oh my god.

1. History of christianity in Africa.

2. “And there won’t be snow in Africa this Christmas time”

3. Mass generalization and ignorant conflation of Ethiopia and Africa, and acts like the whole of africa is poor and starving.

4. Lots of muslims in africa and Ethiopia both… so dunno. Christmas maybe not the best thing to focus on.

And dont get me started on the actual music.

6 Likes

And the Christmas bells that ring there
Are the clanging chimes of doom
Well, tonight thank God it’s them instead of you

1 Like

I’ve always hated that song. If this was most overrated Christmas songs, clear #1 right there.

But man I’ve had the misfortune of recently coming across some awful Christmas music when researching that are way less known but also way worse.

Not what I thought was going first, but I wholeheartedly approve.